Author Topic: Data Link LED barely on  (Read 9054 times)

Offline zaccutt

Re: Data Link LED barely on
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2012, »
Ok, still no go.

So the lynx will only work in xlight tester, it will not play its set of channels from the LOR sequence through xlights or now it works in sequence editor!. I changed all of the channels to DMX and tried the LOR controllers (with no converter wire) and they are not getting signal from the LOR adapter anymore.. The LOR boards also have no signal in the LOR sequence editor with the control panel open.

So now it is getting the LOR boards to get signal.

Thanks
Zac
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, by zaccutt »

Offline caretaker

« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2012, »
Did you make sure the Light O Rama control panel is running? From the LOR help file:
"The LOR Comm Listener is a program that runs in the background, allowing other programs (such as the Sequence Editor and the Show Player) to control DMX devices.  The Comm Listener must be running in order for those programs to control such devices.

The LOR Comm Listener is automatically started when the LOR Control Panel is started, unless DMX support is not configured (for example if the license level does not support it, or if no DMX listener port is specified in the Sequence Editor's Network Preferences dialog).  Also, it is automatically shut down when the LOR Control Panel is shut down.  So, to make sure that you can control your DMX devices, make sure that the LOR Control Panel is running."
Jeff Squires
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline zaccutt

« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2012, »
Hi, thanks for the quick reply,

The listener is active. LOR boards just cant see the dongle?

Update, When in the LOR sequencer I pressed play and a bunch of things turned on but were unresponsive.. haha probably not helpful

Offline caretaker

« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2012, »
Hi, thanks for the quick reply,

The listener is active. LOR boards just cant see the dongle?
When you open up your LOR Network Configuration (preferences) it see the dongle correct? In the picture below you can see the unique number my LYNX dongle has and that I set the protocol to LYNX. 
Jeff Squires

Offline zaccutt

« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2012, »
Yes, but I am using Raw DMX instead of the lynx protocol.

Random parts of my LOR display are turning on for about 15 seconds every few minutes. I am waiting for a car to start watching haha.

I have tried every setting, lynx, raw dmx and every other possibility, these LOR boards can not read the signal, status LED is still flashing. I tried a new cat5e cord. Controllers are in 4.32 firmware (the highest) And the Raw DMX adapter opens and is accepted in the listener.

Zac

Offline JonB256

• My website
« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2012, »
In Caretaker's picture, it shows the DMX tab. Yours should be similar but say Raw.

In the LOR tab, it should be blank (no adapter).  Yes?

Offline zaccutt

« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2012, »
That is correct Jon.

Zac

Offline JonB256

• My website
« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2012, »
and - on the Options tab, be sure that the second box about Old MPC blah blah blah is unchecked.