Author Topic: ED interfering with radio  (Read 1333 times)

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
ED interfering with radio
« on: November 30, 2012, »
so i got my ED up and working today along with my smart strings. i noticed interference with the radio when the smart strings were doing their thing. every time the nodes flashed the radio buzzed. i was reading a post the other day about interference with the fm transmitter. has any one ran into this problem? what did you do to fix it? i am going to be installing the ED and active hub into my  show tomorrow and planned on having the fm transmitter hooked up as well. just checking for any issues people are having in case i have any.  with the ed interfering with my radio in the garage which was about 6 ft away from the ed i am thinking i will have problems. My ed is going to be in the house next to the external audio source as well as the fm transmitter and i don't want static noise in my show. any suggestions?

thanks

duane
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

Offline tbone321

Re: ED interfering with radio
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, »
That sounds like a shielding issue with your inputs to the transmitter.  You might want to check the cable and make sure that the shielding is still intact or replace it with a higher quality cable.  I would also make sure that the transmitter itself is properly shielded.  You may also want to make sure that the EtherDongle and the transmitter are not getting power from the same outlet.  Low quality power supplies can transmitt this type of interference on the power lines and are not good at blocking it.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
Re: ED interfering with radio
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, »
the interference i am getting is with the radio in my garage though. transmitter was not even connected when the interference was taking place.
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights