Author Topic: Output problems from Sequencer LSP 2.5  (Read 1286 times)

Offline caretaker

Output problems from Sequencer LSP 2.5
« on: December 01, 2012, »
Ok, when I select output on in the sequencer and select play LSP comes up with a dialogue box saying "Selection not found, Optimizing sequence". Anyone else having this issue?  I was annoying to say the least trying to test sequences. Using LSP 2.5 (latest release) on WIN7 16GB ram.
Jeff Squires
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline keitha43

Re: Output problems from Sequencer LSP 2.5
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, »
If you don't select a section of the sequence it will say than then optimize the whole sequence.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2.

Offline fyb2000

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, »
You can bypass it by optimizing as you go.
1/Select the 'options' tab.
2/Select 'Configuration'
3/Select 'System' (the right most option out of the 3, in the upper part of the main window. The other 2 selections are 'Sequencer' and 'effect plugins')
4/Check the box in front of 'Perform Distributed Effect Optimization (Non-defered)
5/Select back the 'Sequencer' option (same level than with step 3)
6/Click on 'Save all settings'

That being said, always perform a full optimization before doing a real run, but be aware that it can last a very very long time...

Offline keitha43

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, »
I think I read on their site that a bug had snuck in that it didn't matter your setting. There is a new release coming out Monday morning according to Dean's blog over there.

Offline fyb2000

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, »
Not sure where you read that, but it does work for me. I would not be able to work with LSP if it was not.

Offline keitha43

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, »
It was on their forums. Somebody mentioned it was asking that again. Most people have turned auto optimize off due to large channel counts causing out of memory errors. New release is coming out Monday morning according to Dean's blog on the main page of their website.

Offline fyb2000

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2012, »
My experience with it, running 8,000+ channels is that there is no way I would have been to sequence anything with it, if that option didn't exist and was not working within my system. I have yet to run into a out of memory issue within LSP, but they are so many other problems in there, that it's not like I feel lucky ;)
Just out of curiosity, have you tried it yourself (the non deferred optimization) or just reporting what you read on their forum?

Offline keitha43

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2012, »
Many people have had the memory problem including myself. It runs much more stable with that option off. Mmulvenna himself suggests it. Now that could change with mondays release. It is supposed to fix many things. Not all they wanted yet but many. Usually people with lots of rgb and thousands of channels who have a problem. I have a little over 3000. I have an alienware gaming laptop with a fast I7 processor and 12g of ram so optimizing the whole sequence doesn't take long.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, by keitha43 »

Offline fyb2000

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2012, »
Then I guess I am the lucky one then, or maybe that's my 16Gb of memory and i7 making their magic. Either way, the OP might want to give it a try, as optimizing a full sequence with hundreds of macros/transitions and manual effects, distributed on 8,000+ channels is quite consuming...
Crossing my fingers for Monday's release, especially on the scheduler side.

Offline caretaker

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2012, »
Thanks for the tips, will try making sure the box is checked and see if that helps.  Like everyone else hopefully the scheduler release on Monday fixes the problem as I tried to run my show last night and the scheduler crashed on a regular basis. 
Jeff Squires
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login