Author Topic: 2012 Opening Night  (Read 1001 times)

Offline caretaker

2012 Opening Night
« on: December 02, 2012, »
Well my opening night for 2012 was kind of a disaster in that I didn't get as many songs done for the new layout as I wanted AND LSP shedular decided it wanted to crash after only one pass through the songs. (Monday is a new release of LSP which hopefully will correct this) As the song says what a long strange trip it has been... I had many plans this year but due to time and money constraints I wasn't able to do all I wanted to do but I did get some goals accomplished.  I redid my Mega Tree this year and actually have my Smart Strings out on there nylon straps (pictures coming soon) so that worked well. I replaced all my incandescent icicle lights with LED's along with my snow flakes, and many other strings so my show now is about 80% LED. Than it came time for programming and while I originally was having fits with LSP 2.5 I learned to deal with the quirks and was able to start getting some songs (4 and counting) done for the show. Then came testing and I tried my etherdongle and nothing. So I removed my conductor from my second etherdongle and reprogrammed it for pixelnet and success, it worked it Vixen but no luck in LSP 2.5. Then when through and checked the settings in LSP 2.5 and some how the EtD got set for unicast and after setting for multicast it worked! Well sort of, everything DMX worked but nothing pixelnet worked. Running out of time I reset my 4 sequence for pixelnet USB dongle and success! Of course as you have read above the show did not go on due to the scheduler crashing in LSP 2.5. In the mean time I went back through some of my sequences that where for the EtD and have found it set the Mega Tree (my smart strings) as zone 2 SO It looks like I may be running of the EtD after all.  Of course as I am typing this in my computer room it is raing out and the roof is leaking....   <fp. 
Jeff Squires
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline urthegman

Re: 2012 Opening Night
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, »
Hang in there Jeff, you will get it going!!!! I will make sure to include you in my prayers a church today. If there is anything i can do from here in NY, pm me your number and I would be glad to be of any assistance I can! George

Offline sebjsan

• Sebastian from California
2012 Opening Night
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, »
 Yeah hang in their Jeff , I'm on plan D now.
Sebastian from California

Offline caretaker

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, »
UPDATE:  Well got the EtD working and the show ran all night on the LSP scheduler and with the update coming out Monday things are looking much better. Now I just have to get 3 or 4 more sequences upgraded and I will really be looking good.  Thanks for the prayers guys, I'm sure they helped! 
Jeff Squires
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline urthegman

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, »
So glad to hear things are looking up!!!!  :)

sjb

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, »
Glad to hear your show is working.

Steve

Offline mmciver

• Love the blinky blinky! in 85086
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, »
always be patient and don't stress too bad!  Remember if you are stressing, it is no fun, if it is no fun, why do it!  and remember, only you will notice what isn't working, everyone else is amazed at what you did!

Mike.
650000 lights!
160 Channels - 2010 numbers
RGB elements
Combo Mega Tree
Never enough lights!