Hardware > Lynx MR16 / 16 CH DC Controller

setting start channel number on mr16

(1/4) > >>

mmciver:
argh!!!

I blew up a d-light 16 channel dc controller and I am replacing it with my MR16.  hooked up lights, tested, channels work starting with channel 1.
Great!!  everything working so far:)

Now I am trying to change the starting channel and I cannot get it to change.  I have used RJ's utility and the start channel utility with no luck.
I have tried both methods on the wiki that work with these utilities.  no luck

HELP!!!

Mike.

rrowan:
Reflash the pic and try method #2 again and again and again

The pic18f1220 is stubborn at times which the MR16, SSR4-DMX use

Good Luck

Rick R.

twooly:
I could never get the channel to change using the utility on a couple mr16s.  If your channel is below 255 you can use vixen to do it.  This is the method that worked for me.

A quick and easy way to set the start address on the dimmers is to use the Test Channel function in Vixen. It is two boxes with check marks normally right next to the number of channels. Once in the "Test Channel" dialog box, select Channel 1 and adjust the dimming value to the starting channel number you desire. (ie: If you want a start address of 65 move the slider down to 65). Once that is done just follow the directions for the dimmer to program/configure it.

zwiller:
I just did mine a week ago.  I agree the pic is stubborn.  I had issues with the wiki method too.  If I recall correctly removing power last was the key.  After programming, stop the utility, move the jumper, disconnect cat5, and kill the power. 

Also make sure you are using dmx and not pixelnet.  For some odd reason, I have better luck with RJ's utility even though I prefer Rick's program. 

rrowan:
I guess after the season is over I will have to revisit the program and see if I can improve the reliability of it.

Rick R.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version