Author Topic: 4 Pixelnet Hubs and a problem. - Fixed it.  (Read 769 times)

Offline MrChristmas2000

4 Pixelnet Hubs and a problem. - Fixed it.
« on: December 02, 2012, »
I have 4 pixelnet hubs in my display this year. (Actually 5 but it is only for splitting off some DMX inside the house as a Shadow univers to the first outside hub.)

The first 2 drive my 24 strand mega tree and 1 Univers of DMX.

The next one drives my 30 coro stars with rectangles, a 2nd Universe of DMX and 1 arch with a 105 node flex strip. It is PN#3 and everything on that hub seems to work correctly. This hub has only one arch because the next controller filled up.

The last one has 13 arches with the same 105 node flex strips as the one attached to PNH3. There is an additional 14 groups of 3 rectangles also attached to this hub for lighting up Cane pole lights.

Nothing that is attached to this hub receives constant signal drive. I have checked the cable from the PNH3 to PNH4 and the cable checker gives it an ok.

Anybody have any suggestions as to where to look for potential problems. BTW the hub is a dumb hub.

I don't think it's a power problem but later tonight I may try turning off (disconnecting arches one at a time) until I run out to see if things change.

Thanks for any diagnostics input.

Ok. The problem was a bent pin on the 485 besides the 100uf cap which I believe drives the four groups of output jacks on the hub. I finally pulled the hub in toinight and disected it. After putting it under a big mag light I finally noticed that pin 8 had bent at a 90deg angle and was shorting over to Pin 7. I will reassemble it tomorrow when I feel better and I just bet it will work now.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, by MrChristmas2000 »

Offline zwiller

Re: 4 Pixelnet Hubs and a problem.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, »
I would try feeding PNH4 a PN out from another hub or directly from etherdongle.  Also verify both jumpers set to correct universe.   
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline MrChristmas2000

Re: 4 Pixelnet Hubs and a problem.
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, »
Tried feeding the hub from the first hub in the chain. No Change.

Replaced the cable between PNH3 and PNH4 with three (3) different ones. NO Change.

Was gone have the day due to family health issues and didn't have enough time to hook up the PNH4 directley to a system yet but may do that tonight since it's not working anyway.