Author Topic: Wii remote?  (Read 1376 times)

Offline kjam22

Wii remote?
« on: December 02, 2012, »
Anybody have lsp working with a wii remote?  I tried for a couple of hours last night with no luck.  I was able to sync the remote and see it activate the lights in the sequencer but it would not work in the scheduler as shown in the demo.

Offline Robert

Re: Wii remote?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, »
What a neat idea! Before I saw this post,I was thinking of using a Nintendo DSi as a wireless controller. They make a game cartridge that accepts a micro SD,called a R4i cartridge..I'm sure it wouldn't be too tough to come up with a Homebrew application to run things. The touch screen would be a neat concept.

Offline urthegman

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, »
Not since my 2010 display, which I believe was vers. 1.8? Let us know if you get it working.

Offline zwiller

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, »
I unsuccessfully tried to sync a rockband guitar with LSP.  Never got the guitar synced with pc (bluetooth issue). 

I believe you have the hardest part done, getting your machine to see the wiimote...  There is a video for this, I don't know if you checked it out.  I assume you want live control.  Is the wiimote listed in the wiimote devices box under the settings tab in the scheduler?   Do you have the channels in the sequence mapped to the wiimote?  I would probably try outputting the sequencer and not using the scheduler and see if that works first.   
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline johno123

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, »
Hmm, I didn't try it with the scheduler, but I did with the sequencer last year.  The only problem (and the same went with the OSC integration with a korg nano pad) was that everything seemed to have a bit of lag that really made the whole point of sequencing with external tools moot....

Offline zwiller

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, »
Johno,
I gave up on nanopad sequencing, but remember you can shift intervals afterwards considerably tightening things up.   I find .05secs works well with mouse click mode.  For the gimmick, at least a wiimote works. 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline johno123

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2012, »
Good call - if the bugs aren't ironed out next year I'll give that a try!