Author Topic: vixen 2.1 pixelnet plugin  (Read 1217 times)

Offline tthompson

vixen 2.1 pixelnet plugin
« on: December 03, 2012, »
i'm attempting to get my pixelnet up and running now and have run into a few questions.

vixen 2.1 and i have pixelnet, lynx etherdongle, and usb entec pro dmx plugins in the output folder so they are accessible.

i have a usb dongle with pixelnet programmed and/or a etherdongle to use with the smart string hub.

I am trying to test a pixelnet string of 128 nodes (384) channels.

in profile, I have etherdongle added assigned to channels 1-384.  If I try to add Pixelnet, it complains that it can't find "COM1".  do I use both etherdongle and pixelnet plugin or just one?

Do I need to add pixelnet with etherdongle or do i just keep it as channels 1-384 (1-4096 later on for the entire Pixelnet universe)?

If I go with the usb pixwlnet dongle, do I use plugin usb enttec pro and assign those channels or just use pixelnet plugin with the usb dongle com port, or do I use both.

thanks.

sjb

Re: vixen 2.1 pixelnet plugin
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, »
You would turn off the usb entec pro dmx plugin and add the pixelnet plugin. Then change the settings in the pixelnet plugin like you had set for the USB Entec Pro plug in.

I believe when you are using the etherdongle you just keep using the Ether plugin (I cannot remember the name off the top of my head "E131").

Should be good to go.

Steve

Offline TexasStingray

• Coop Manager
Re: vixen 2.1 pixelnet plugin
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, »
Scenario 1, USB Dongle programmed for Pixelnet connected to the SS Hub.
Scenario 2, Ether Dongle programmed for Pixelnet connected to the SS Hub.

I think you can use both, but there is no plug-in setup for the Ether Dongle. Each device (UBS Dongle, Ether Dongle) have there own plug-in DLL for vixen.

Scott 
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login