Author Topic: Lynx Light Dimmer v2.0 help  (Read 2485 times)

Offline captain224

Lynx Light Dimmer v2.0 help
« on: December 03, 2012, »
I have a Lynx Light Dimmer v2.0 hooked up to a lynx USB dongle. My problem is when I try to test all my 16 channels it freezes up and every channel stays on. I have to reset the board to make everything go back to normal. How do I fix this or can you only run a few channels at a time? and another question what does the  "board"  connector do, what is it for?

-thanks
    Cap

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: Lynx Light Dimmer v2.0 help
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, »
Can you post a picture of the Light Dimmer v2.0 ?

Thanks

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline captain224

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, »
Ya here it is

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, »
Cool

I am using one of them right now. Using all 16 channels to run my incandescent arches.

The Board connector was an option to split the load and board power to run different voltage or to run ac and dc. I think RJ added it for folks that use 240 v ac but also need low voltage like 12 v dc at the same time. I personally have just ignored it for the past 4 years.

Did you build this board or did you buy it from someone? Do you know if it was modify?
If you connect LEDs to it you might have to flip the plugs around until the lights start to come on and even then if the LEDs flip the other way half way down the string then it might not work.

I would reflash the pic to get the board back to a known start point.
Then check all of the solder connections for cold solder joints etc.

btw: I just call that board the Original Lynx as oppose to what most members are using the Lynx Express (LE)

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)

Offline captain224

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, »
So your saying that I need to check the wiring and that might be the problem?

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, »
with 5 posts, i think he's wondering if you bought it from someone or if you were a member in the past that had it running at one time.

If you bought it from someone, we don't know the history, so there might be more involved in what might be wrong, then if you had it for quite some time, and maybe it was working well for you last year.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, »
While powered up does the fan move? The fan is needed to keep the part below it cool

Rick R.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2012, »
If you look at the assembly manual go all the day to the bottom and RJ posted a short trouble shoot section that you can look over

Rick R.

Offline captain224

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2012, »
Ok first I got this from a guy that wanted me to figure it out for him and i dont know if it was working or not in the past. second yes the fan does move I get power to the lights, but sometimes it freezes up and turns all the channels on and you have to reset the board to make it work again.