Author Topic: Nutcracker; Updated gallery.  (Read 716 times)

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
Nutcracker; Updated gallery.
« on: December 03, 2012, »
I need to periodically run a program to scan all the animated gifs and load them into the database.

It has been almost two weeks since i ran that program. So here is the new totals

Gallery of Effects by all users of Nutcracker. 9306 User Effects gathered on 2012-12-03 16:59:24

this is over a 1000 new effects in about 10 days.

so go and enjoy the gallery.

thanks
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline bcstuff

• Cape Coral, FL 33991
Re: Nutcracker; Updated gallery.
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, »
Sean,
Is there a way to see the animated gifs on a local install. Currently unless I generate the effect, I don't see the animated gif.
-Brian
-------------
2017 - Complete makeover, let's just say it's gonna be a few pixels.

2016 - Grad School Stinks :(
2015 - 16' Megatree, 8' MidiTrees, 8' MegaWreath, 6' Snowflake Spinners, Zwilluminariesâ„¢

Our Display Videos: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Voltorb

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, »
One of the downsides of a local install is the inability to see these.  It would be nice to have a utility that would "walk" through the database, check to see if the GIF is local, and if not, retrieve it from meighan.net.  In a similar fashon, also allow retrieval of jpg, and pictures required for generation of an effect that was copied from another user. 
Sean, do you have to pay for bandwidth, and storage?  If you pay for bandwidth, perhaps consider a "Premium" option for contributors to your beer fund.
It's not the fast pace of life that bothers me....
....It's the sudden stop at the end!

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
One of the downsides of a local install is the inability to see these.  It would be nice to have a utility that would "walk" through the database, check to see if the GIF is local, and if not, retrieve it from meighan.net.  In a similar fashon, also allow retrieval of jpg, and pictures required for generation of an effect that was copied from another user. 
Sean, do you have to pay for bandwidth, and storage?  If you pay for bandwidth, perhaps consider a "Premium" option for contributors to your beer fund.

Bandwidth is not an issue. I am at 1% of my allocation.

My only issue is disk space.

When I setup meighan.net 14 years ago I had 10gigs.  I used < 2 gigs all these years. When I started writing nutcracker, I raised limit to 25gigs. The next jump is to 50 gigs.

I just may have to pay for the next level to get thru Xmas.

As far as a program to build gifs on local installs, yeah it is on my todo list.
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login