Author Topic: DLA Scoreboard  (Read 5899 times)

Offline lortiz

Re: DLA Scoreboard
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2009, »
Thanks to all for your compliments. Thanks Ed (OriginalHotRodder) for your suggestions on available video software.

I'm  just trying to share and give back something to this wonderful community.

As time permits (read wife!!), my next step is to create a complete scoreboard using C9 bulbs. This will probably be a mini version of a full size commercial scoreboard.

I want to share this mini scoreboard with our local youth baseball teams, as the season is already in progress (no SNOW or cold here   :D) .

My ultimate intention is to present the final mini version to the mayor and try to get some funding from the local government to cover the cost of the electronics and enclosures and build (for free! of course) full size scoreboards in many of our sports facilities as most of them are lacking these. This will be a personal challenge and at the same time I'll contribute with my community.

I'll get pictures during my building process and share the details with all of you.

Someone else interested in making one ?

Barbara Sher - "Doing is a quantum leap from imagining."

Offline Murl

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2009, »
Welcome, Leo!

I think you're definitely onto something there.  The best part, though, is that you're using your hobby to find ways to help your community.  Commercial signs are expensive and the kids will probably love it.

Good Job!

-Murl

Offline Sloanhaus

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2009, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Welcome, Leo!

I think you're definitely onto something there.  The best part, though, is that you're using your hobby to find ways to help your community.  Commercial signs are expensive and the kids will probably love it.

Good Job!

-Murl

Hey Murl,

I like the way your tree looks in your picture,,, any way you could share your file with me that would show me how to sequence my tree to do that,,, it appears you are doing a double chase with fades following, would really like to see this..

Thanks

Brad

Offline Murl

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2009, »
Thanks, Brad!

That was actually part of a sequence I made with Light-o-Rama software, but I made a short example for you with Vixen.

Somewhere I remember seeing a script posted for converting sequences from LOR to Vixen.  If I can find it, I'll convert the rest of the sequence for you.  It does a lot of different spins and fades with the mega tree.

-Murl

Offline Caliente Christmas

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2010, »
Leo,

I saw your wonderful project and i was wonder how far have you gotten with the DLA scoreboard idea?

Offline lortiz

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2010, »
Thanks.

- Software for controlling the scoreboard is ready. Would love to have something as professional looking as Vixen but that is beyond my programming skills. Maybe when I demo the whole thing someone will step up and develop software.

- Design and layout for the electronics (lynx express, freestyle, wireless) and scoreboard elements (score/innings digits and balls-strikes-outs markers) is ready.

- I have all needed materials and I'm just trying to get some free time to actually construct the scoreboard. Also working on making a DIY document for others to use.

Will keep the community posted on progress and hopefully will have a demo soon!

Offline lortiz

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2010, »
Beautiful work and this is exactly what I need!!

I'll go to local shops to check if they can do this for me.

Thanks for the info and pictures.