Author Topic: No blinking green light  (Read 2131 times)

Offline DanHouston

No blinking green light
« on: December 03, 2012, »
I've been struggling with wireless and things have taken a turn for the worse. The problem I was having is things would run fine for a couple of hours and then the receiver's green light would stop blinking. I'd unplug them both and then it would work again for a while, but tonight the transmitter's green light stopped blinking. If I switch the roles (these are v2 TX/RX units) then the new transmitter green led blinks, but the new receiver never blinks. Any troubleshooting tips?

I've looked over the solder on both and found a couple of spots that needed a touch up.
I re-flashed both just to make sure
Still have one that the green led never blinks
2011 - Year #1
    4000 lights and 16 channels
    5 Songs sequenced
2012 - Year #2
    5000 lights and 123 channels
    8 Songs sequenced

Offline tbone321

Re: No blinking green light
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, »
When you did the touch up, did you crank up the heat on the iron a little?  Make sure to check for solder bridges as well.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline DanHouston

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, »
No...did not really crank the heat up, but did see the solder melt and appear to flow.

Did not see any bridges, but I'll take another look at it....I'll try to upload some pictures as well.
2011 - Year #1
    5 Songs sequenced
2012 - Year #2
    8 Songs sequenced

Offline Freebird

• Coop Manager
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, »
Did you find the problem?  This issue just popped up tonight for me and no matter what I do, I can't get output from the tx.  My setup goes from the hub out the dmx output to the tx.  Been working for a couple weeks now and last night I noticed no output.  I decided to look at it after dinner and it started working on its own so I thought it was just a glitch but tonight nothing will work or reset.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

One day I will fly out of the fog and all of this will be seen clearly!

Offline Freebird

• Coop Manager
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, »
Not sure of this has any significance but when I cycle power on the Tx the green light blinks like this:  2 quick flashes. Pause. 2 quick flashes. Pause.  1 flash.....off.

One day I will fly out of the fog and all of this will be seen clearly!

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2012, »
I just removed my wireless from my show tonight.  Was getting random interference from other (outside) sources that was causing random flashes.  This may not be an option for you guys, but I recommend trying a wired solution if you can. 

The other thing to try to do is to orient the TX and RX the same way (vertically) as this maximizes the signal outward and inward (dependent on your point of view).  Another issue may be if the TX is close to the Etherdongle or Lynx DMX Dongle.  The recommended distance is 2 feet from these devices.  Other things that can interfere with your wireless:  Other wireless devices that include phones, house/private networks, bluetooth networks, etc.  Try to find a universe (you have 3 to try) that is the 'cleanest'. 

The connectors between the EX/RX and the Lynx Express are very sensitive.  I have had instances where my EX/RX stopped working until I plugged it in tighter.   Even then, it would cut out once in a while.

Kurt
------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline DanHouston

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Did you find the problem?  This issue just popped up tonight for me and no matter what I do, I can't get output from the tx.  My setup goes from the hub out the dmx output to the tx.  Been working for a couple weeks now and last night I noticed no output.  I decided to look at it after dinner and it started working on its own so I thought it was just a glitch but tonight nothing will work or reset.

I ended up building another board I had and determined one of mine to be bad....I'm assuming I have a bad solder or bridge somewhere. With this new board plus the previous one I had built I've had wireless deployed for my entire show and it has ran flawlessly (only about 20 feet between transmitter and receiver in this case, but there is a wall between them).

I was planning to upload pictures of the board that is not working (it got worse and would not do anything), but have not gotten around to that.
2011 - Year #1
    5 Songs sequenced
2012 - Year #2
    8 Songs sequenced