Author Topic: Test works fine for LOR & lynx, playlist doesn't control lynx  (Read 1855 times)

Offline FireMedic4Christ

I've been running xlights in test mode controlling 5 LOR controllers, 3 LEs, and about 3000 pixelnet channels for several nights now without issue.

LOR on comm port 5
USB Lynx dongle on comm port 8

When I run a LOR sequence converted to xlights, I get audio and LOR control and no LE or pixelnet. It does not matter if the LOR control panel is loaded or not.

Any thoughts on what is not set up correctly?

Brian

Offline Dennis Cherry

• Maryville, Tennessee
    • Video's of Computerized Lights
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I've been running xlights in test mode controlling 5 LOR controllers, 3 LEs, and about 3000 pixelnet channels for several nights now without issue.

LOR on comm port 5
USB Lynx dongle on comm port 8

When I run a LOR sequence converted to xlights, I get audio and LOR control and no LE or pixelnet. It does not matter if the LOR control panel is loaded or not.

Any thoughts on what is not set up correctly?

Brian

When you do your dongle setup in XLights, read the mapping information carefully, it will give you the clues you need.
2013 videos now available You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline FireMedic4Christ

[/quote]

When you do your dongle setup in XLights, read the mapping information carefully, it will give you the clues you need.
[/quote]

Been looking long and hard and I can't figure it out. I'm fairly certain it has to do with my setup in LOR.

In xlights:
  LOR network via LOR dongle channels 1 - 512 on LOR regular or universe 1
       - I have 5 LOR controllers that map out and act as expected in test mode. When I run a sequence, I also get control as expected.

Pixelnet network via Lynx USB dongle channels 513 - 4608 on LOR Aux A
      - I have 4 LEs that map out and act as expected in test mode
     - I have 8 strings of nodes programmed to 128 node hybrid strings. Not all of them are 128 nodes long, but I have been told that does not matter right now as I am looking for string control not node control. The channels map out and act as expected in test mode. When I run a sequence, I get no control of the LEs or SSs.

In LOR3:
   LOR controllers are setup with unit IDs of 2,4,5,6,7
   LEs setup as universe 1 channels 462 - 512
   Nodes setup as universes 1 - 8 of 170 RGB channels

Sorry for the lengthy post, but I said all of that to ask this.

Aux A was the default setup in xlights for a pixel network. Can this be changed somehow?

Can the DMX universes in LOR be changed to use AUX A? I did not see a way.

What am I not considering?

Thanks for your assistance,

Brian

Offline Dennis Cherry

• Maryville, Tennessee
In Xlights you have to be careful and read the mapping assignment notes that Matt displays in the setup screen.

You might fined your answer there on how to setup your channel and universe assignments.

Offline FireMedic4Christ

Does it matter what network is listed first?

The LOR mapping button is set to multi, should it be set to single?

I don't mind doing the due diligence for the answer, but please guide me a little more. I listed the mapping notes in my previous post. Am I correct that the problem lies with the Aux A assignment of the pixelnet network.

Thanks for your patience,

Brian

In Xlights you have to be careful and read the mapping assignment notes that Matt displays in the setup screen.

You might fined your answer there on how to setup your channel and universe assignments.

Offline Dennis Cherry

• Maryville, Tennessee
Can you attach a screen shot of the XLights setup?

I think you are setting up

LOR>comm5>57600>512>LOR Regular or Univ 1>Channels 1-512
Pixelnet>Comm8>n/a>4096>LOR Aux a.>Channels 513-4096

Is that correct?

Offline FireMedic4Christ

That is mostly correct. My LOR baud rate is 115200 and the pixelnet channels is 513-4608.

Thank-you for taking a look.

Brian

Can you attach a screen shot of the XLights setup?

I think you are setting up

LOR>comm5>57600>512>LOR Regular or Univ 1>Channels 1-512
Pixelnet>Comm8>n/a>4096>LOR Aux a.>Channels 513-4096

Is that correct?

Offline Dennis Cherry

• Maryville, Tennessee
Ok here is what I think you need to do.

LOR S3 will only assign channel numbers to 512 max.

To get Pixelnet to work this is what I have read in other forums.

Offline FireMedic4Christ

That is what I have setup in LOR3. I have 8 universes of 512 channels (170 RGB). Does the fact that I have 1 lor universe and 8 pixels net universes matter. If you noticed my pixel channel count is greater than 4096. I assumed the extra channels which I am not using anyway would just be ignored, but maybe they are causing an error.

Also the reason I was wondering about the Aux A network which is a LOR controller and uses a comm port versus DMX universes which looks for an IP address and the Lynx dongle does not show up as an adapter. I don't recall having to load a lynx driver for LOR, I will look into that.

On another note, my plan B was to use the ED which I can not get to work either. Tomorrow when I am back home, I plan to work on the option some more too. To start I think I need to reflash the chip. The LOR comm listener will see the 8 universes, but only LOR controllers play in the sequencer.

Brian

Ok here is what I think you need to do.

LOR S3 will only assign channel numbers to 512 max.

To get Pixelnet to work this is what I have read in other forums.

Offline FireMedic4Christ

. . . . .
On another note, my plan B was to use the ED which I can not get to work either. Tomorrow when I am back home, I plan to work on the option some more too. To start I think I need to reflash the chip. The LOR comm listener will see the 8 universes, but only LOR controllers play in the sequencer.

Brian

Went with plan b today. With the help of Tabrynn, we reprogramed the EtD and tested it on his display. I can now control all of the LORs and LEs and most of the SSs (I'm hoping its just a mapping issue as they do work in test mode) with either LOR and xlights

Hopefully in the next week or so I can troubleshoot the USB dongle and figure out why it is not communicating properly.

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
Glad to help.  I think your very close to figuring out your remaining issues now.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]