Author Topic: Crossover cable  (Read 1653 times)

Offline FireMedic4Christ

Crossover cable
« on: December 06, 2012, »
The wiki shows the ether dongle can be hooked directly to the pc. It says a crossover cable may be needed. Is this a standard crossover cable or one that I would need to make up myself?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

sjb

Re: Crossover cable
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, »
If you are using a newer computer it will convert to it and you can use a regular Cat5 cable. But some older computers cannot switch. therefore you would need a Cat5 Crossover cable that can be picked up or you can make your own.

Offline zwiller

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, »
+1
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline FireMedic4Christ

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, »
Next question regarding the ether dongle. I get one green light and one yellow light. The green one lights when the laptop connects and the yellow one flashes. Does the yellow indicate a connection to the SSHub or does it mean there it not a connection?

Brian

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If you are using a newer computer it will convert to it and you can use a regular Cat5 cable. But some older computers cannot switch. therefore you would need a Cat5 Crossover cable that can be picked up or you can make your own.

sjb

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, »
This means that it is receiving data through the cable (the computer)

Offline Rainlover

• Coop Admin
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, »
If you are getting a yellow light, you have the correct cable.

John
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!