Author Topic: Etherdongle issues.  (Read 2640 times)

Offline lburnham

Etherdongle issues.
« on: December 07, 2012, »
After sorting thru some self inflicted assembly issues I now have an ED that will power up, the green magjack led lights and the yellow led flickers when connected to my laptop.  I am connecting directly currently.  I have tried connecting the ED wirelessly to my LE and I get a solid data led on the LE and a Blinking data led on the wireless daughter board when the ED is physically connected, when disconnected they go out.  The wireless set up works fine with my dmx dongle.  I have successfully (apparently) flashed the pic with dmx firmware and I have placed the latest .dll for ED in the vixen plugin/output folder.  When I run a sequence using the ED plugin there is no control of the LE.
Any suggestions? Thanks for your help and for all the time and effort that goes into this board. :D

sjb

Re: Etherdongle issues.
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, »
Just a silly question.

You have unselected the Entec PRO USB plugin and selected the Lynx Etherdongle plugin, in the profile or sequence you are using?

Steve

Offline lburnham

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, »
Not silly knowing me. ;)
But yeah I have.

sjb

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, »
What version of Vixen are you using?

You mention that you have put the latest .dll for vixen in the plugin/output folder. Did you overwrite the Pixelnet plugin or accidently download the pixelnet plugin as they are both named the same?

Steve

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, »
Is the com port the in vixen matches the ED com port
Jeff

Offline lburnham

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, »
Vixen version 2.1.1.0.
I didn't delete anything from the output/plugins folder.  I just grabbed the .dll from the wiki and copied into that folder.
I have seen people say you have to disable the wireless ethernet.  Is that simply a matter of turning it off or do you have to disable the device in device manager?

sjb

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, »
With it showing connection on the dongle (yellow light) I would say that you are ok. Is the com port set corretly, like Lineman asked?

Offline keitha43

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, »
Etherdongles don't have a com port like usb dongles do.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2.

sjb

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2012, »
What about the channel numbers. Have you set them up in the plugin in vixen. Just trying to think of the simple things first.

Steve

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2012, »
I would start with the basics.

Create a new sequence with no profile and how many channels you need (music is up to you). Select the etherdongle output plugin and make sure the number of channels match.

Now highlight section or all of the channels and hit the space bar to turn on those channels.

Run the seq and see if the lights come on.

or

Grab Colorfinder and just tell it how many channels you are using and move the sliders up and down to see if the lights are working. It doesn't matter if you have smarts strings or not just as long as you are sending data to the etherdongle. If that doesn't work then your computer is not communicating to the etherdongle.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline lburnham

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2012, »
Thanks guys I'll give these suggestions a try at home later. I appreciate the input, gotta be something silly i'm over looking. <fp.