Author Topic: Conductor rocked the house!  (Read 2756 times)

Offline zwiller

Conductor rocked the house!
« on: December 08, 2012, »
The conductor ran my show tonight/yesterday for 3.5 hours without fail.  It was surreal.  5k channels rgb + incans with no pc.  Unbelievable.  I have a very tiny issue with some slight flashing during playback that I can't really pin down yet.  Possibly extra data or something.  It is really not noticeable.  Just my OCD.  As some of you may know I have some real tight sequences and effects and the conductor just ate it up...  I was apprehensive truthfully.  Sound quality was even better than my brand new i7 dell.  I not easily impressed but this thing is unbelievable.  RJ is a light show genius.  (insert I am not worthy emoticon)

Just passing on some love...

<res.
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: Conductor rocked the house!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, »
I agree

The conductor has been running my show since Thursday (Dec 6th). So cool not have to worry about the window computer having any problems.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

dandyman

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, »
+1...

Mine has been running since Thursday night... Not one hiccup !!!

This year I converted all my output to the LOR boxes over to DMX... Like Scott (Taybryn) said... It runs w/o ANY lag...

Pixelnet running great !!!

Running 6000+ channels w/no issues !!!

Dan

Offline travailen

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, »
+1

Ran the Conductor for the first time tonight. No problems. It is working great. Thank you RJ. And thanks to all that helped me figure all this out.
Rick S

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, »
glad to hear. i am focusing on getting mine going tomorrow.

duane
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

Offline zwiller

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, »
So the excitement is starting to wear off as my brother asks me what's up with the flashes...  I did not have this issue prior to conductor.  Any thoughts?  Probably should have posted here...  Vid of issue in this thread: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, »
Free sequencing  ::)

Kinda of wondering if its the sync timing for the slave units causing it. Not a clue either way just throwing it out there or something else is causing a 10 sec spike that the conductor is picking up.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline zwiller

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2012, »
I should give more info.  I am running 2 hubs each on left and right of house, from hub 1 I am sending both PN and DMX from left to right side.  It is kinda weird but I am running the same dmx channels left and right. 

The sync was the first thing that came to my head too, but no clue how to test.  Not sure it matters but my conductor's clock only stays synced to my pc for a few seconds.  Conductor clock is always slow.  This is my 2nd RTC too. 

Offline zwiller

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2012, »
'twas a bad day for the conductor.  Out of nowhere I get the fm transmitter issue.  Also while testing with headphones I note that when I play a show from control panel the music goes out of sync.  I made a few test schedules and when they ran the music seemed fine, does it makes sense that music does not sync when running a show from control panel? 

Offline sielbear

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2012, »
Does the show go out of sync over time? (Ie is the end of the show more out of sync than the start?)

What did you use to generate the sequences?

Offline zwiller

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2012, »
Yes, gradually goes out of sync, starts fine gets worse as it runs.  I have a new thread for this. 

I used LSP to generate the conductor files. 

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2012, »
Is the Mp3 128 @ 44.1?

Offline zwiller

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2012, »
Sadly, yes.