Author Topic: White twinkle  (Read 2968 times)

Offline njKeever

White twinkle
« on: December 08, 2012, »
On rgb channels, LSP outputs all colors when using twinkle on all white. When playing in xlights, it outputs just white on the twinkle. Anybody know the easiest workaround?

Btw, lighting elf is amazing! Thank you so much for this great tool!

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
Re: White twinkle
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, »
I will have to play around with a few different things and see If I Can discern a pattern in the LSP output to indicate a multi color twinkle vs. a colorfade twinkle. 

Might take me a bit with my workload right now, busiest time of the year for me at work and at home...

Frank

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, »
OK so maybe I should actually look before I type...

So I just built a quick sample sequence since I haven't played with LSP in quite a while and just did a few variations of a twinkle command.  Unfortunately the data int he sequence file does not indicate anything about when it is a solid color twinkle, a twinkle fade, or just a random color twinkle. So based on that the only way I could do it would be to make an all white twinkle cause the color twinkle but that would break the all white twinkle...

I suppose I could make it an option to treat twinkles that way but that would likely be a thought for next year.

Frank

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, »
Since I cannot post a file in a PM here is a quick attempt to make this work.  With this version a twinkle on an RGB channel that is all white will random twinkle colors.  All other color values will result in a twinkle of that color.

I have only tested that this code successfully processes a sequence not that it does it correctly.  Hard to do that at the office... Note: this code also has the previous fix for RGB channels that have non RGB events.

Frank

Offline njKeever

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, »
Well, I'm finally well enough to try this out. Light Elf works correctly on any song without the twinkle effect, but on every song I have with twinkle it throws this error while processing:

, in procRGBIntervals
   procEffect<rgbChans [color], effect,startPer,perDiff,255,255>
NameError: global name 'procEffect' is not defined

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, »
sorry about that.  quick fix attached

Offline njKeever

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, »
It works perfectly! Thanks so much!