Author Topic: DMX light not on  (Read 2211 times)

Offline Walter

DMX light not on
« on: December 09, 2012, »
If this has been posted in diffrent post I'm sorry but could not find it.  Lests me start off with what im am running, I have a mix of LOR and DIY in my show. All my LOR and DIY boards work great with each other except this one.  I have an LOR dongle and running DMX with it. So things I have done, Replaced the data cable and replaced the rs-485 chip same thing no DMX light.  The data wont even pass through the board to the next. Have no clue what to do. Flash the pic??

P.S. all DIY are on one color cable and all LOR on another.  Made my switch over cable from LOR to DIY and all works in DIY except this controler

Thank you
Walter

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
Re: DMX light not on
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, »
If I understand correctly everything works except for this one controller so we can eliminate any dongles, cables and software.

It was my understanding that the DMX out should flow DMX even with no power to the LE.  If this does not work, it makes we wonder if it's something to do with the cat5 jack on the  board.  I would be looking for bent pins in the  jack or missed soldering points on the back of the board first.

sjb

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, »
Also try taking PIC from another board.

Offline Dennis Cherry

• Maryville, Tennessee
    • Video's of Computerized Lights
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, »
Is the shorting jumper for "remove for wireless" installed?

If off there is not pass through.
2013 videos now available You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Walter

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, »
Yes the wireless jumper is on.  i will try the pic next

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Walter

Offline Walter

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, »
well i switched pics flashed the pic and 4hrs later still nothing.  I'm just going to cut that part out of my show.
Walter

Offline Jeffl

• Christmas In Brandon
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2012, »
An wish for another LE as a backup for Christmas.  Have you looked at the back of the board?  Was this LE bench tested?  Did it ever work right? 

Offline Walter

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2012, »
ok so i sharted the program and then i upluged the com cable the pluged it back in and it worked for like 3 seconds then stoped.  what dose that mean?
Walter

Offline Walter

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2012, »
yes it worked last year.  I did look at the back and put new cat 5 jacks on and changed the comm chips  too.
Walter

Offline Jeffl

• Christmas In Brandon
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2012, »
Does it act any different if you have a sequence playing with control lights and the control panel running then plug in the LE signal then power it up.  I don't recall if the LOR dongle always sends a DMX signal or not.

Offline Walter

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2012, »
no it will start going for around 3 sec or so then just stop.
Walter

Offline Jeffl

• Christmas In Brandon
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2012, »
Seams like I have heard of this before but I can't find anything.  Hopefully someone else will see this post that can help.

Offline JonB256

• My website
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2012, »
A tool that I can't live without has been the Bobcat DMX tester. I highly recommend it to anyone using DMX controllers. It will quickly answer the question about DMX lights and control. Doesn't care if it is LOR or DIY (as long as you remember to add a cabling converter ;( )

If only it could output a channel 1 and channel 2 value - then it could be used to program an MR-16 in the field. As it is, can be used to program an MR-16 up to start channel of 255.