Author Topic: Scheduling, the finer points  (Read 2086 times)

Offline zwiller

Scheduling, the finer points
« on: December 09, 2012, »
Say I want my show to run daily from 5:30 to 10pm until Jan 1, how would do you do it?  Right now, I am setting the schedule to repeat 5 songs until 10pm same day, having to change daily, which is fine since I am still adding sequences.  However, I am just about maxed out on sequencing and ready to set it and forget it.

I didn't expect to get this bad boy running this year, so I guess it is a good problem to have...   ;D

Any advice appreciated.
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: Scheduling, the finer points
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, »
I would just use the everyday option and then select your start time and show then the repeat and end time

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline zwiller

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, »
Everyday option?  Can you please enlighten me.  I know I am missing something.  Thanks!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, »
Under the Create Schedule button. Where you select the day, the last option is everyday

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)

Offline zwiller

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, »
 <fp.  I did not see that.  That make sense.  Thanks Rick!

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, »
I wish that I could use that. I change my end times on Friday and Saturday so I would have to schedule every day individually, that is IF I had all my sequences done! I am jealous!  ;)

Offline zwiller

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, »
I wish that I could use that. I change my end times on Friday and Saturday so I would have to schedule every day individually, that is IF I had all my sequences done! I am jealous!  ;)

Truthfully, I want run an hour later on Fri and Sat, just trying to understand this thing. 

OK, there is no option to repeat a show set to run everyday? 

Maybe this has been brought up before but if I really wanted to run "2 shows on one night" I could build a SHOW where the seq/songs repeat, then when I want it to change I add the 2nd show sequences, once again which repeat until end.  You could actually vary the songlist which is kinda cool too.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2012, »
I think what we have is just version 1 of the software for scheduling maybe next year it will be more advance but that is up to RJ to decided.

As far as running later fri and sat just set another schedule for those two days. I think currently you have to skip 5 mins, well I do know that 5 mins works. I have not tried to shorten that time yet.

Rick R.

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2012, »

OK, there is no option to repeat a show set to run everyday? 

Under the Select the day there is one that says everyday.

As far as running later fri and sat just set another schedule for those two days. I think currently you have to skip 5 mins, well I do know that 5 mins works. I have not tried to shorten that time yet.

Rick R.

Good idea Rick, but 5 minutes of no lights and a lot of people will leave. That is just for me though since I run my lights in a "Show" format
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, by rdebolt »

Offline zwiller

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2012, »
I have no real problems with the software just trying to understand it is all. 

Just to be clear: While there is an option for everyday for day to start show, there is not for "Repeat Show Until".   Pic attached. 

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2012, »
Interesting..... I have not done that so missed that part. How about if you leave the day blank and just insert a time to stop? Just a thought.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2012, »
I just leave the end day blank and it does the full week.

Rick R.

Offline sielbear

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2012, »
I'm in a similar boat to some of you - I run 1 hour later on Friday and Saturday.  I just manually update the show daily.  Additionally, I run an afterhours show.  I am skipping 5 minutes (as suggested previously) between the two shows. 

One thing you can do is just update the show definition.  That way you don't have to re-create the schedule every time.  I've changed my show layout 100 times probably as I both added and changed the order / voiceover frequency, etc.  As long as you don't change the show name, you can update / modify the layout and not impact the schedule. 

My two show names are 2012Main and 2012Late.  Creative I know!

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2012, »
what about 2012Main (m-whenever)   2012Extra (f-sat)   and 2012Late(m-whenever) 2012ExtraLate (f-sat)

so normal days will be 2012Main then 2012Late
and f-sat will be 2012Main, 2012Extra, and 2012ExtraLate
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!