Author Topic: Using strings to form a video screen  (Read 2668 times)

Offline thebaronn

Re: Using strings to form a video screen
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2013, »
If you are interested in building a LED RGB matrix PM me. I can give you an honest price breakdown with the items I used.
For 2012 we had a 48X80 matrix with video that looked great (even came out pretty good on the youtube video) much brighter than any projector and all the colors you need. I know a projector is cheaper, but everyone has one. And the matrix is just awesome!
Rudolph Mix: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline JonB256

• My website
Re: Using strings to form a video screen
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If you are interested in building a LED RGB matrix PM me. I can give you an honest price breakdown with the items I used.
For 2012 we had a 48X80 matrix with video that looked great (even came out pretty good on the youtube video) much brighter than any projector and all the colors you need. I know a projector is cheaper, but everyone has one. And the matrix is just awesome!
Rudolph Mix: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I was impressed by how usable the resolution of your 48x80 matrix was. Mine will be smaller (1/4 of the size at 24x40) but I wasn't planning to do video, just text and graphics. I considered a projector, but can't do rear projection where I want the screen and "... everyone has one" does apply! The LED matrix is not common yet.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, by JonB256 »