Author Topic: Play first item once and play last item once in xScheduler  (Read 959 times)

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
Apologies if this was answered somewhere else in forum (I looked for it but did not find it.):

What do the check boxes in the scheduler called Play first item once and Play last item once actually do?

My guess is that it guarantees that at least the first item or the last item gets played during a repeat.

Does checking the Play last item once guarantee that my show will run all the songs in the play list if the time for show close hits?  For example, if my show ends at 9:30 pm and it is in the middle of the 3rd song (of 4) in my playlist, will it continue to the 4th song and finish the 'last' item in my playlist before stopping?

Just looking for some clarity in function.

Kurt
------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
I have not tried it but I took it to mean play an intro sequence (once) and not in the playlist and play a closing sequence (once) at the end of the show.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline dcwehw99

• Beta Tester
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I have not tried it but I took it to mean play an intro sequence (once) and not in the playlist and play a closing sequence (once) at the end of the show.

Yep!  That's exactly what it means.

Denny

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions

Yep!  That's exactly what it means.

Denny

Okay, after running my show for a few days, I get it now.

This is what the those buttons do:
They are basically allowing you to select something that may introduce and close your show for that given repeating session. 

For example, Lets say I have checked both Play first item once and Play Last item once and have the following sequences in xlights:

OpeningForTheDay - Message that introduces the show and welcomes people to the entire show - This will be played once per day at 5pm
OpeningForPlaylist - Message that welcomes people that show is about to start and that they should sit back and enjoy - played start of every rotation
Song 1
Song 2
Song 3
Song 4
ClosingForPlaylist - Message that tells folks that the show has ended and have a Merry Xmas
OneMinuteStatic - Something my spouse asked for ("Can you make the lights NOT blink for a bit?" LOL) - played at the end of every rotation
ClosingForTheDay - Message that closes out the show for the night and reminds people that the show will be on tomorrow.

With the Play first option it tells xLights to play OpeningForTheDay JUST once each night.  With the Play Last option it tells xLights to play ClosingForTheDay just once each night when the show ends (even if the show ends in the middle of songlist).

I hope this clears it up for everyone.  I finally figured it all out in my head.

Kurt
------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login