Author Topic: Sequence and Mp3 names!!!  (Read 2423 times)

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
Sequence and Mp3 names!!!
« on: December 09, 2012, »
Ok now that I can focus on my shows a little more I have noticed that the Conductor is very picky about the names that you use for your seq and mp3 names. Notice included pictures. None are over 8 characters, but the Conductor would not run a show with those names. All I did was go back and set my order before I copied them to the CF card to 1-23 sequentially and the exact same show plays fine. 2 nights in a row now. Not complaining just an FYI. It has been great the last 2 nights (After the change!).

Offline Night Owl

Re: Sequence and Mp3 names!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, »
I'm sorry, but I'm unclear on what you did.  What did you rename the files to?

Offline sielbear

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, »
Did you rename / overwrite ANY seq / mp3 files when you faced problems?

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm sorry, but I'm unclear on what you did.  What did you rename the files to?

Yes I renamed everything. For example the first song in my show I renamed to 1 on the seq and the mp3, the second song I renamed to the number 2 and so on.

So in my list.
EM5 = 1
Open12 = 2
Elfsch = 3

Did you rename / overwrite ANY seq / mp3 files when you faced problems?

No changes were made except for the title names. I keep track of the songs by my transfer folder. I make sure that each song has a subtitle in the Mp3 file so that I can still tell what song I am working with. Once transfered onto the cf card you can no longer see it though.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, by rdebolt »

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, »
Your attachment pictures look identical is why the confusion.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, »
I see what you did now, I did the same thing thinking the pics looked the same. Look close you'll see the difference, removed the number after many of the files.

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, »
I see what you did now, I did the same thing thinking the pics looked the same. Look close you'll see the difference, removed the number after many of the files.

No the 2 pictures are different. The second just shows the finish of my list. It would not all fit on one screen. Just showing all of the names. Unless I post the same picture twice on accident.  No they are different. Just a continuation from first to second.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, by rdebolt »

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2012, »
I will post another picture tonight to show what I did.

Offline dcwehw99

• Beta Tester
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2012, »
Actually I don't think it's the files names that's the issue but rather the physical order/layout of the file data on the CF card that's causing the problem.  During beta testing I created a show of 32 sequences that eventually wouldn't run all of the sequences either.  A work-around was to copy files to hard drive, reformat the CF card and then copy back.  No files names were changed but the order of the physical data on the CF card would be different than previously.  The 32 sequence show worked fine after this.

It was a last minute beta item and we were all ready to sign off on beta testing to get it out for the community so it was passed since there was a work-around.  My best guess is there's an issue with the file system under some strange condition that's an issue.

Denny

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2012, »
Actually I don't think it's the files names that's the issue but rather the physical order/layout of the file data on the CF card that's causing the problem.  During beta testing I created a show of 32 sequences that eventually wouldn't run all of the sequences either.  A work-around was to copy files to hard drive, reformat the CF card and then copy back.  No files names were changed but the order of the physical data on the CF card would be different than previously.  The 32 sequence show worked fine after this.

It was a last minute beta item and we were all ready to sign off on beta testing to get it out for the community so it was passed since there was a work-around.  My best guess is there's an issue with the file system under some strange condition that's an issue.

Denny

Good information. One question though Denny. When you copy files to the CF card do you have to do one at a time? I change my shows almost daily and it is tedious copying one at a time over when you have 50 items a time to move.

Offline dcwehw99

• Beta Tester
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2012, »

Denny

Good information. One question though Denny. When you copy files to the CF card do you have to do one at a time? I change my shows almost daily and it is tedious copying one at a time over when you have 50 items a time to move.

I copy all them at once.  I've never had an issue copying them all.  That would bad if you had to copy them individually.

Denny

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2012, »

I copy all them at once.  I've never had an issue copying them all.  That would bad if you had to copy them individually.

Denny

Well that's what I have been doing and yes it has been a pain!  ;)
Just saved me 20 min a night!  ;D

Now what do you know about programing and Aether V1?  ???

Offline dcwehw99

• Beta Tester
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2012, »
As for the Aether V1 I don't know anything about it; sorry.  Programming it would depend on what you wanting to know.

Denny

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2012, »
I was actually joking.  <fp. I have a post over on the Aether Thread! Thanks Though!

Offline sielbear

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2012, »
I had a similar issue earlier- that's why I asked if you renamed the files on the cf card or deleted / overwrote any.

If I do anything other than add new files / update the schedule or show, I format and re-copy. You run into issues- I suspect something in the way the file allocation table is updated and the file io on the conductor. I've seen identical concerns with bootable Linux iso files before. All files must be written sequentially on the disk.