Author Topic: Ether dongle DMX output bug?  (Read 1277 times)

Offline batdive

Ether dongle DMX output bug?
« on: December 10, 2012, »
Not sure if anyone else has seen this issue but if you have an ether dongle set up with the DMX firmware can you test something to see if it is a bug in the firmware or something on my end. 

I have my ether dongle outputting DMX and use the pixel net combiner as a splitter.  I currently use universe 1 for channels 1 to 512.

I noticed that my ether dongle will not output channel 510.  All other channels appear ok and work.  I did check the hardware works fine either with normal DMX dongle or bobcat DMX tester. Also works with same songs in vixen why I think it's a firmware bug, but since I have no clue how firmware is written I wanted to ask.

Any help would be appreciated or some one else to test it

JS

Offline JonB256

• My website
Re: Ether dongle DMX output bug?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, »
Would your channel 510 happen to be part of an RGB channel?

Or is this being tested in xLights or something else?

I can't test - Etherdongle is running Pixelnet and my spare is on loan.

Offline batdive

Re: Ether dongle DMX output bug?
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Would your channel 510 happen to be part of an RGB channel?

Or is this being tested in xLights or something else?

I can't test - Etherdongle is running Pixelnet and my spare is on loan.

The device it is sending the signal to is rgb but broken out in 508 / 509 /510 as sep channels so not sure how that would change it since it still sees the channel through the dmx dongle or the bobcat tester fine which elimated all possible issues through out the dmx chain and other equipment.

Hopefully RJ or Rick can chime in if they have an extra to see or anyone with one set up as dmx.

JS