Author Topic: an arm and a leg...  (Read 894 times)

Offline fyb2000

an arm and a leg...
« on: December 10, 2012, »
Well, more like a finger and a leg.
In a rush to finish some SSCs yesterday, I was happily soldering a few resistors. When it came time to clip the legs, I used my trusty clipper and did as we all have done a million times. Except this time, the clipped leg decided to flew in the air. Not really thinking, my reflexes just decided I could, and would catch that little piece of metal in mid-air. And I did, only, and it's like one in billion shot, I caught it not on the side, but on the end points, between my index and my thumb. The skin on the thumb side must be stronger than on the index, because there, the leg just went through and through...The painful part was to actually remove it, almost didn't feel it when it went through.
The picture is blurry, but if you are sensitive, you might not want to look at it.

Offline keitha43

Re: an arm and a leg...
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, »
Wait did that go through the nail on the other side? If so you must have quite a grip. Remind me not to shake hands with you. You should be on Americas got talent.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2.

Offline mrprez1198

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, »
That's crazy.  Glad it didn't land or puncture anywhere else.  Reminds me of the time i sliced my finger with an exacto knife and it bled everywhere.  Good thing i had superglue on hand.

sjb

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, »
WOW or should I say OW.

Hope it heals and no infections. Hope your Tetnis is up to date.

Steve

Offline fyb2000

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, »
it ended up on the side of the nail, not touching the bone or the nail, I got lucky there...
It doesn't look like it is infecting, which is good, I of course cleaned it and disinfected it right after pulling it out.
Like in any good action movie, it was just a flesh wound, no reason for me to not finish those 5 SSCs (which are done and have been put to use)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, by fyb2000 »

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, »
Great catch... i sat on them and slid across the floor on them but never caught one with my finger...
Its the most wonderful time of the year.

Offline SteveMaris

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, »
I don't know what's cooler,
the fact you did that,
 or that you took a picture before removing it.  8)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline NavyGator

• Coop Manager
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2012, »
Wow. Looking at the picture before reading the entire post I thought you got yourself with a pin nailer.

I have to ask. Did you show the wife before pulling the lead out, if not did you even mention it to her?

Rich

Offline fyb2000

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2012, »
She almost passed out when I showed her :D

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2012, »
I shot myself with a pin nailer and the nail was completely inside the finger.  Had to got to urgent care to have a doctor find it and remove it.  I never felt a thing going in, but the doc sure made me feel it.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2012, »
That is dedication.  The picture that is. :)