Author Topic: Importing is now failing.  (Read 5718 times)

Offline MrChristmas2000

Importing is now failing.
« on: December 11, 2012, »
I had been successful in doing some LSP 2.5 conversions several weeks ago.

Since then I have made some slight changes to my sequences. The change is basically I was using .wav file for the audio and now I am using .mp3 files.

I am running the latest version .8 of Light Elf.

When I start a conversion it gets to where the green bar is fully finished but there is the word ‘error’ in the ‘Activity’  box.

Here is a video of the failure:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I have tried several of my sequences with the same result. Is there a problem using .mp3 for the audio file?

Thanks for your assistance.

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
Re: Importing is now failing.
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, »
There is a .9 version. Don't know if it will fix your issue, but you might try.

Offline MrChristmas2000

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, »
Upgraded to .0.0.9 with the same results.

The interesting thing is that the .9 entry is before the .8 entry.

Offline sielbear

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, »
Can you copy the text of your error and paste it here?  I saw all of the text, but I couldn't read it on the video. 

You can right-click in the window, select "Mark", then highlight the portion of the window you want, then right-click.  Once in the forum, you can past with a regular ctrl-v. 

The text may help point in the right direction. 

Offline MrChristmas2000

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, »

C:\Users\Tom\Desktop\light+elf>echo off
C:\Users\Tom\Documents\Xlights Files\temp\All I want for Christmas is You - 1208
2012 v06 LSP2.5
Process Process-1:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\Python27\lib\multiprocessing\process.py", line 258, in
_bootstrap
    self.run()
  File "C:\Program Files\Python27\lib\multiprocessing\process.py", line 114, in
run
    self._target(*self._args, **self._kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Tom\Desktop\light+elf\light elf app.py", line 644, in seqWorker

for (cur,total) in xSeq.convertLSPSequenceWStatus():
  File "C:\Users\Tom\Desktop\light+elf\lsptranslation.py", line 216, in convertL
SPSequenceWStatus
    self.procController(cTree)
  File "C:\Users\Tom\Desktop\light+elf\lsptranslation.py", line 327, in procCont
roller
    self.procRGBIntervals( rgbChans, intervals)
  File "C:\Users\Tom\Desktop\light+elf\lsptranslation.py", line 477, in procRGBI
ntervals
    colorStart = getColorVals(int(timeIntervals[idx].get('bst')))
TypeError: int() argument must be a string or a number, not 'NoneType'

How's this.

Offline davron12

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, »
I have the same error.

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, »
Two people same error.

Are you both using the same version of LSP? I know there have been a couple of releases in the last couple of weeks.  That may have some impact here.

I can probably add error handling to make things more robust and get you through this but I am not sure it is the right answer.  I will give it a shot but without a reproducible case it will be tough for me to know if I have a potential fix or not.

Frank

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2012, »
First a MAJOR caveat, this change is untested. It is pretty minor but without knowing why people are hitting this I do not know what effect the change will have.  This version is also much less verbose in logging. This makes it much faster but also eliminates my ability catch channel mapping errors.

What I am doing is ignoring the error and printing the offending line of the LSP file out to my log file.  If one of you that is getting this error can run this version and post the log file for the sequence, which can be found in the temp directory you have configured, it would help greatly. 

Also, any feedback on changes oddities in playback would be nice to know as well.  Especially if a given effect suddenly stops working...

Frank

Offline MrChristmas2000

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2012, »
Ok,

Test results

Exact same behavior ending in an 'Error' as the status.

The extraction folders in the 'temp' folder is created.
There is no output file created.
There is no errors indicated in the log file.

Here ia the sequence used for the test.

Let me know if I need to get you any more data.

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2012, »
There is no log file in the temp directory? and the erroe message in the window was the same? 

What about the version of LSP you are using? is it one of the most recent drops?

Frank

Offline MrChristmas2000

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2012, »
There was a log file, a copy is here:

Sorry I thought I included it.

The version I am using on the conversion machine is:
LightShowPro_v2_5_4683_24392
The date is 10/30/2012

Offline davron12

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2012, »
I'm using v2.5.4720.315. I'll post the sequence and log file too, as soon as I get home.

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2012, »
So I can tell you exactly why this is failing but not how this came to be.  on your controller ArchHybrid there are some effects that are applied that are just a pure on.  Now what I ahve seen normally for all RGB channels is that there is a start and end color for each event as well as an intensity.  For some reason these channels do not have the start or end color in the event definition but my code expects it to be there.

The workaround code I gave you should have correctly addressed this scenario but I inadvertently caused another bug in the conversion.

I have changed the new bug and now the new version is attached.  I did run your sequence through, or at least the controller that was failing through, successfully.

Frank

Side note, did you happen to convert this controller from normal channels to RGB channels after it had effects applied to it?  Just wondering how this case came to be as I was unable to cause it with just adding effects to a new sequence.

Offline MrChristmas2000

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2012, »
Looks llike that solved the conversion problem.

The controller causing the problem has a special function. That is to send config info to other controllers.
The channels were original RGB channels in an RGB controller. I converted that controller to a standard 'Light Controller'. That is because the control channel was the first of the 3 RGB channels I do not need to put any info into the other two channels.

If you desire more detailed info I can e-mail you a more detailed description directly.

I will try to test the conversion late tonight or early tomorrow morning. Today's schedule is set to go.

Thanks,

Tom

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2012, »
Thanks Tom that makes sense. apparently when you converted the controller type it did not change the channel designations for blue and green channels.  My code assumes that if there is a green and blue channel defined that is not the same as the base channel that this must be an RGB channel.  In your case the channel is no longer an RGB channel but the channels are still showing as different circuit numbers. I think I will need to find a better way to determine if this is an RGB channel. 

This new code will probably work for simple on commands but it will fail miserably for any fades etc...

Frank