Author Topic: Issue playing from control panel  (Read 4734 times)

Offline zwiller

Issue playing from control panel
« on: December 11, 2012, »
So I am getting braver and trying some things.   >:D

During a test last night I notice music and sequence loses sync when I hit play from the control panel.  I assume this is not normal?  Anyone notice?  Starts out ok then drifts off getting worse until it is totally out of whack.  I have been successfully using the conductor for a few days and I have not had any issue when conductor runs scheduled show.  Also, whether or not it matters, I ran into the fm transmitter issue as well.  Starting to wonder if all is related to when conductor remains connected to pc/network. 

Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline fyb2000

Re: Issue playing from control panel
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, »
According to RJ's point #5 in this post, it should not matter how long the sequence goes for, it should resync itself every second:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I have the opposite problem than you do, and cannot get scheduled show to fire, but have zero synchronization  issues (so far, and crossing fingers) when playing manually.

sjb

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, »
Was there not something posted in regards to the MP3 rate going out of sync? Maybe with LSP?

Offline dcwehw99

• Beta Tester
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, »
Was there not something posted in regards to the MP3 rate going out of sync? Maybe with LSP?

LSP support recommends MP3 be the following for best performance and results:

- 128Kbps constant
- Stereo
- Project Rate 44.1 KHz
- 16 bit

Denny

Offline zwiller

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, »
Checked my first song it specs out.  Reformatted card and loaded show for tonight which has worked for a few days.  Should be an interesting evening...   <pop.. 

Any guess to what's happening if the scheduled show plays fine (as it has) but not from control panel? 

One thing I am learning quickly is not to f...  fool with it once it's running.  Something my Dad always reminded me...   ;D

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, »

One thing I am learning quickly is not to f...  fool with it once it's running.  Something my Dad always reminded me...   ;D

Ha ha I learned that after I move my transmitter just a couple inches!

Offline sielbear

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, »
This is really interesting.  I can't imagine something that would drift THAT far apart with a data rate issue.  I do know for a fact that a 25 second WAV file will appear EXACTLY as 25 seconds in LSP.  That SAME WAV file converted to MP3 will NOT show up as a 25 second file in LSP.  I'll get some odd partial second.  Can't remember if longer or shorter, but very, very, VERY odd to say the least.  That MP3 loaded in the audio editor WILL show exactly 25 seconds in duration - same in other players. 

Again, I just can't imagine the show getting that far out of sync from a difference in data rate.  The audio is being played back on the conductor from an independent MP3 board.  The rate of the pixelnet data is fixed, so it should not drift.  It does seem like the most likely opportunity for drift to be introduced would be during the LSP show creation...

To confirm, you have no issues when playing back from the scheduler??

Offline zwiller

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2012, »
Until yesterday the scheduled shows ran fine for about 5 days.  Problem occurred when I started testing a sequence for some flashes and playing a sequence from the CP which I never did before.  Today the scheduled show not only went off sync the fm transmitter gave me issues...  I've tried many things and finally gave in and reflashed the ED to use the LSP scheduler.  Although I have one sequence which has a delay during some big transitions, the remaining 4 sequences play solid.  For LSP users the last 32 bit release is working well for me with 70ms a la Peteandvanessa (thanks).  This decision is made in part that my wife is due with the birth of our daughter today.   :o  So I need some blinky stability  ;D

To those following this thread all music files were mp3 matching the LSP specs as per Denny's post. 

Thank you for all who offered help and support!  I am confident I will use the conductor in the future and we'll sort this out. 

Merry Christmas and Happy Blinky!   ;D 

Offline sebjsan

• Sebastian from California
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2012, »
Wish you the best Sam, my daughters 2nd birthday is in 2 weeks and life because of her is incredible :).
Sebastian from California

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2012, »
Congrats on your daughter

Interesting you mention 70ms since the etherdongle puts out 50ms timing

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

sjb

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2012, »
Congrats on the new family addition. Now you will have another person in the house that will be amased with your lights and in a few years a helper.

Steve

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2012, »
To paraphrase a previous post from Sam

This thread will be worthless without pictures!!!!
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline zwiller

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2012, »
 <la..

Called by his own bluff.. 

Thanks for the kind words.  Wife has Dr. appt today and we will then find out what is going to happen since she is now late.  More than likely she will be induced tomorrow. 

I configured my output plugin for tonight's show to 50ms to compare apples to apples.  LSP default is 30ms.  I can see the difference from 50 to 70ms but it is really minute.   

Offline zwiller

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2012, »
All of a sudden my light show doesn't matter much...   ;D

Offline Charleene Glenn

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2012, »
Congratulations, what a beautiful baby:-)

West Tawakoni, TX