Author Topic: Reduce number of channels  (Read 1411 times)

Offline mikedbom

• NorthBridge Web Design
Reduce number of channels
« on: December 11, 2012, »
So this is my first year finally getting all my equipment going.  I only have 2 LE's and everything is running great statically.  I have also created a short sequence with just the twinkle effect, however I have not had much time to sequence any shows to music.  I've played with it for a few hours and found it is pretty tough.  As a shortcut for this year, I downloaded a few sequences for Vixen and most of them have over 100 channels and here lies my question.  Is there a more efficient way to reduce the number of channels to say 32 in a show besides copy and paste and moving things around?  I'm assuming there isnt but wanted to ask first.  Thanks.

sjb

Re: Reduce number of channels
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, »
If you downloaded one with 100 channels and then create a new sequence of your own with 32 channels (making sure the Timing is the same (25MS or 50MS or whatever)), have both open side by side. Then with the one you downloaded you can select the channel on the left and right click and select copy whole channel event and then go to your new one and right click on the channel and select Paste whole channel event. Once done delete the downloaded one.

Steve

Offline mikedbom

• NorthBridge Web Design
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, »
ah yes, that makes a bit more sense.  thanks for that.

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, »
Go to the following link and then follow the links in the message for the vixen channel mapper.  What a great app, it lets you copy channels according to a mapping scheme that you define.  I used it to convert my last years sequences to this years after I moved elements around and the channel number changed.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline mikedbom

• NorthBridge Web Design
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, »
Ill give this a shot. Sounds great. Thanks Jim.