Author Topic: Lights don't match sequence. Bizzarre - *reclassified as hardware issue*  (Read 2171 times)

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
I have a weird issue.  I have one section in one sequence where the colors on one part of one smart string do not match the sequence or the preview.  I have attached a picture (albeit blurry) of it.  This section has alternating blue and yellow stripes which travel up the roof line.  Starting at about node 25, the colors change to cyan and magenta or something close and continue for the rest of the string that way.  The string seems to work fine in every other part of every other sequence (just 2 so far).  I have reviewed the sequence and I see nothing starting around node 25 different from the rest of my sequence.  I have attached the sequence section that is giving me problems (called it trouble).  Maybe someone else can see something that I can't.

Even starting the sequence in the middle of this section, the colors are immediately wrong in this section.  This one really has me stumped.

TIA,
-Keith
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, by lonewolf41 »

Offline deplanche

You have lots of channels in there.  Can you be a little more specific as to which Channel(s) Node 25 is?  Also, how far time-wise are you noticing this problem?  And do you have a preview that you can share too?

Offline bcstuff

• Cape Coral, FL 33991
Sequence looks as you described it.

What happens if you turn the string to all yellow?

It looks as thought the green led is not lighting in that section of the string?

-Brian
-------------
2017 - Complete makeover, let's just say it's gonna be a few pixels.

2016 - Grad School Stinks :(
2015 - 16' Megatree, 8' MidiTrees, 8' MegaWreath, 6' Snowflake Spinners, Zwilluminariesâ„¢

Our Display Videos: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
Sorry, meant to mention this.  This string is House4 looks like it changes @ node 25.  Strange thing is...node 25+ look just like the first 24, but behave differently.  I would say it might be a bad node, but the string works OK on everything else.  All the strings on the house are doing the same thing.

-Keith

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
Forgot to mention, the preview looks good as well.  I would think if it was a sequence issue, it would show up on the preview.

-Keith

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
You can see the preview if you have that attached .dll in your output folder.

-Keith

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
Just want to close this out as it is apparently not a Vixen issue, but something else.  New discussion here:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Thanks,
-Keith

Offline TexasStingray

• Coop Manager
What happens if you set solid colors. Do they work correctly? Red, Green, & Blue!
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
Yes, solid colors work fine.  it is something else.

Thanks,
-Keith

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Hi Keith,

If you are saying a you are excepting a certain color and the nodes are not giving you that color than that is just the way the RGB leds seem to work. Its the additive nature of the things.

Example = Dark Purple on the RGB color chart =
Red = 76
Green = 0
Blue = 153

You won't get a dark purple. Its the reason I wrote color finder program.

If this is not the problem then totally ignore the above.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
No, this is related to the "boundary pixel" issue from the smart string post.  I originally thought it was a Vixen problem rather than a hardware issue.  Just closing this thread out.

Thanks,
-Keith