Author Topic: is it possible to use the smart string utility with the conductor firmware?  (Read 1037 times)

Offline fyb2000

Haven't tried it myself, as the conductor is not mine, and I do not want to damage it in any way. Opening it and changing firmware (removing it from the case...) is not something I want to risk, but I had one SSC going bad on me last night, and I need to program a spare. I am just not sure if the conductor firmware on the etherdongle would allow the communication through.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
The conductor won't pass the info from the SS Utility

You have to reflash the firmware on the etherdongle back to its firmware. You don't have to remove the conductor when you change the firmware and then update your SSC. When done you can put the conductor firmware back in.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline fyb2000

I will just build a new etherdongle (I have a spare not built yet) or use a USB dongle.
The case the etherdongle/conductor is in, has no opening to get the pickit attached. So I would have to unscrew it (audio jack, board...) to get access to the programming pins. It's not mine, I just don't want my fingers go crazy with someone else belonging (my fingers are deadly, there is a picture of what they can achieve in another thread, in 'the porch')