Author Topic: LOR DMX Network  (Read 11055 times)

Offline Dennis Cherry

• Maryville, Tennessee
    • Video's of Computerized Lights
Re: LOR DMX Network
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2012, »
With all the post, did you update the firmware on the LOR Controllers?
Also what controller models do you have.

Last year had a new G3 unit and it did not like DMX at all, you could not set it higher than ID01 (1-16) and actually get a steady indicator light.  Was not mine, borrowed to make some tests.
2013 videos now available You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline garyh

« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2012, »
Updated them about 2 years ago when I first tried DMX.  What's so weird about it is I can do 100% on and fade down to nothing with LOR protocol, but the LOR boards running on DMX don't get anything like the LOR protocol fades.

Also the megatree, I like to do spins and really get the lights spinning across it, but DMX across the LOR boards barely spins if the one board will even pick up the DMX.

As far as the models, the oldest is the heavy-duty residential model with the big heatsink and it can run it's own program--it was the first one I bought.  It's a PC-CTB16PC but not a Gen-3, probably first gen.  my other 4 LOR boards are the CTB16KS.  If LOR made an E1.31 dongle so I could get away from USB, I'd probably buy it  ;)

Offline garyh

« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2012, »
Frank, can you explain to me why putting DMX first and LOR second in the xlights network config produces different results versus having LOR first and DMX second?

Seems the whole problem was a DMX mapping problem, but why does LOR map fine or is it because I start with channel 1 on LOR?

Just trying to figure it out now that it's working.

Also saw some slowdowns on the DMX and LOR networks tonight, swapped in the wife's much quicker laptop and we're back to running good.  Maybe the older laptop was having a bad night, but I make it start with MS services only for the best performance.  So the two biggest changes from before is I moved from xlights 2012b to 2012c and of course adding E1.31 which is only used at the beginning of songs since I haven't had time to sequence it yet.