Author Topic: **SOLVED** Output error during sequence....  (Read 1237 times)

Offline shgshgshgshg

**SOLVED** Output error during sequence....
« on: December 13, 2012, »
I have an interesting problem, the my show works fine when I run one song at a time, but when I build a sequence and set it on the timer the computer plays one song properly then gives a com port error as if the dongle were not connected. This error is making it impossible for me to play more than one song on a sequence. I am currently using a Windows 7 machine, but I have an old XP computer that I will use if I can't get this to work...

Update: I am currently going through the Vixen troublshoot guide as found here:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, by shgshgshgshg »
2012: 2,000 lights, 16 channels, all controlled by Vixen.

Offline onesmoothhead

• Listen to the Lights New Mexico
Re: Output error during sequence....
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, »
I suggest using xlights.  I had this same issue two years ago and last year I used Xlights and had zero issue.  This year I am using xlights and have had zero issues.  The reason you are having problems is there is a disagreement with the comport.  One sequence is starting before the previous sequence ends.  This causes a comport issue and vixen will let you know it is not working.

Kevin

sjb

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, »
Are you using a profile that the sequences are created from? If yes then when you create a program select the Use Profile under the test section and select the profile. Because if you have use the sequence it will try to open the profile add in and then try and open the sequence one and get the error. Make sure you have 0 in the crossfade section.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, »
Are you using a profile that the sequences are created from? If yes then when you create a program select the Use Profile under the test section and select the profile. Because if you have use the sequence it will try to open the profile add in and then try and open the sequence one and get the error. Make sure you have 0 in the crossfade section.

Hope this helps.
Steve

+1
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline shgshgshgshg

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, »
Thanks I got the issue solved. My cross-fading was not set to 0. after doing this everything is working fine. Thanks.  <res.
2012: 2,000 lights, 16 channels, all controlled by Vixen.