Author Topic: conductor not connecting(connection problem fixed but now the clock won't sync)  (Read 2319 times)

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
my conductor is not connecting. these are the things that i am reading about threw the forum but i wanted to start my own thread instead of hijacking someone elses.

1. the sequences from xlights makes a .xseq file extension. is that correct?

2. to create a password, the conductor has to connect with the conductor control panel correct? it won't allow me to create a password.  if i leave the conductor connected, the time eventually syncs up, so wouldn't that indicate that it is connected?

3. how do i create a .sho file? i have converted all my sequences using xlights, i created a schedule threw xlights, there is no profile option with xlights so i have my vixen profile, of course password is discussed in question 2. all of my names on the cf card were renamed prior to being installed on the cf card.

4. all of the pins on my cf socket are solid(after i fixed them). i have no solder bridges, but i have continuity across several pins that are no where close to each other. .59 between pin 1 and 12,13,14 etc. there  is no continuity between any pins that are right next to each other.   the one place that it looks like there was a solder bridge, there is no continuity between those two pins. all of the pins have continuity from the pad on the pcb to the 90 degree bend going to the card.

my conductor still isn't connecting  please help

duane

ED worked fine prior to adding firmware for conductor
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, by duane.mosley »
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: conductor not connecting
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, »
1. the sequences from xlights makes a .xseq file extension. is that correct?
Nope, you selected xLights conversation. You want the Conductor format which will give you a .seq file

2. to create a password, the conductor has to connect with the conductor control panel correct? it won't allow me to create a password.  if i leave the conductor connected, the time eventually syncs up, so wouldn't that indicate that it is connected?
You create the password with the CF in your computer reader along with the show and schedule

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, »
more info from Denny

Let's start at the beginning since I don't know what's been tried at this point.

The control panel will not recognize the Conductor until you have created:

1) at least one *.seq and/or *.mp3 file on the compact flash (CF) card,
2) created a password, which will create a password.dat file on the CF card,
3) create at least one show, which will create a file *.sho on the CF card, and
4) schedule a show to run, which will create a playlist.dat file on the CF card.

All four of these must be met before the control panel will see the Conductor.

Note:

1) All files names must be 8 characters or less.
2) Do not ever delete or rename any files on the compact flash card. If you do you will have to reformat the CF card and copy your files back to the CF card before the Conductor will play your show(s).

The next step would be to checkout the pins on the CF card reader.  First look where the pins are bent at 90 degree to see if any of them are touching each other.  Secondly check for any solder bridges on the pins of the card reader on the PCB pads.  Then lastly check to see if any of the pins might not be solder on their pad.  The easiest way to do that would be to take something like a toothpick and attempt to move each of the card reader pins at the PCB.  If any are loose you'll need to solder them.

Denny

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, »
ok, so the good news is that my conductor is connected, waiting on a show. the problem i am having now is that i can not save the schedule that i want. when i try to do the repeat mode, it doesn't give me the everyday option. when i add the repeat until option and have my show run until 10 pm, it won't let me save the new schedule. this is the error that i get:

unhandled exception has occurred. conversion from string '''' to type 'Byte' is not valid.

duane.

another thing, the clock on my conductor will not sync properly. the time is wrong and the day is wrong.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, by duane.mosley »
Florence, KY

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, »
In the everyday you do not select an end day just leave it blank. You just select the time of day that you want the show to end.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, by rdebolt »

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, »
In the everyday you do not select an end day just leave it blank. You just select the time of day that you want the show to end.
[/quot

thanks. that problem is fixed. now the clock won't sync. conductor time says it's sunday at 1030 and next show to start monday. obviously it's friday and i want the next show to start tonight.

duane
Florence, KY

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
Re: conductor not connecting SOLVED!!THANK YOU
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, »
THIS FORUM ROCKS!!!!! THANKS. i reset the rtc battery and the time synced up. i set up a test show to check everything and it WORKED!! . thanks

duane
Florence, KY

Offline dcwehw99

• Beta Tester
Glad to hear you got it going!

Denny

sjb

Re: conductor not connecting SOLVED!!THANK YOU
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2012, »
THIS FORUM ROCKS!!!!! THANKS. i reset the rtc battery and the time synced up. i set up a test show to check everything and it WORKED!! . thanks

duane

+1000
Great to hear it worked out for you.

Steve

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
You guys still rock but I spoke too soon. I'm only getting the opener on audio. None of the other songs play audio. I have to go into work for a couple of hours so I won't be able to troubleshoot until then. Lights blink but no sound.

Duane
Florence, KY

sjb

I know you have done it, but I have to ask, the songs are associated with the sequence in the conductor program?
Did you test run the sequence with the audion not working manually as you would want to confirm the conductor recognizes and can play the audio file.

Steve

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
I know you have done it, but I have to ask, the songs are associated with the sequence in the conductor program?
Did you test run the sequence with the audion not working manually as you would want to confirm the conductor recognizes and can play the audio file.

Steve

each song and sequence have the same name on the cf card. they were added together for each song in the show set up. the opening voice over plays but nothing else.  when i tried to play the sequence threw the conductor control panel  nothing happens. i went back to the usb dongle and vixen scheduler so i can run my show for the night. during the process of dealing with the conductor, the audio was removed from one of my sequences, so i had to manually put the audio back into the sequence. i am not going to deal with the conductor until tomorrow, the show runs solid now so i will leave everything alone for the night. i don't want to be interrupting the show on a friday night with no rain and it's 50 degrees out. i will start tinkering with the conductor again in the morning since my show runs until midnight.

duane
Florence, KY