Author Topic: Some folks just take the fun out of Christmas  (Read 1027 times)

Offline bisquit476

• Patron Member
Some folks just take the fun out of Christmas
« on: December 14, 2012, »
Bummer,

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: Some folks just take the fun out of Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, »
To be honest you shouldn't put lights on your vehicles many states have laws against that.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline sielbear

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, »
I did this back in High School with a power inverter and some of those early chase lights.  I wondered if it was legal, however, I was particularly careful to keep from putting lights anywhere near the headlights / taillights. 

From looking at the photos / news story, these lights are all over the brake lights / turn indicators.  I can see why they might have an issue with the placement.  Alternatively, I've seen much worse...

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, »
in Pennsylvania any modification to the lighting system of your vehicle is illegal.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

sjb

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, »
I can understand both sides of the story but just 2 words

BAH  HUMBUG

Steve

Offline gatorengineer

• Facebook link
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, »
Have any of you passed the bright flashing lights of a police officer at night?  Talk about a distraction.  The add in bone head galkers.

I'll tell you who causes more accidents, police officers that pulling people over on the side of the road.  How many time do you slow WAY down, only to find out it's just people slowing down for a cop.  Countless times I've nearly been rear ended.  How about they move to an on ramp, away from traffic so I can see the road as I pass by.

But hey, who am I to say this isn't dangerous and the cop might have been right.  But the scenario above sure happens tremendously more than some distraction from some Christmas lights.

Offline t0cableguy

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2012, »
unfortunately in florida there is the move over law... requiring you to either slow to 25mph if the speed limit is above 35... and at least 10mph lower than the speed limit in any place with a lower speed limit. The only way to avoid this is to get into the fast lane on a 4 lane highway....

There are also laws that you cant use red or blue lights on your vehicle in florida... it stinks... but the loophole is if you dont use them on the road they cant ticket you.