Author Topic: This year's show videos  (Read 10538 times)

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
Re: This year's show videos
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I think those strips are 4M or 120 LEDs so they stay below the 128 limit RJ imposed.  I don't think this will give you the height you need.  For that matter I don't think you could get enough pixles on a strip that could be controlled to hit 22' can you?

That is the other thing I should have mentioned, it would have been a much more complicated install to use those and get the height I need.  Or...I would have had to make a shorter tree and no one realy wants to do that now do they???   ;D <wd..

Offline Jeff Messer

« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2013, »
I did see on Ray's site they have a ws2811 flat like that. Thanks for your time on this discussion.

Jeff

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2013, »
Nothing like creating a 360 degree version of this and using 16K channels to do it.   How many channels of pixelnet can you have? :)

Offline craig d

« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2013, »
Very nice setup. Great sequencing. What controlers are you using to drive all those candycanes?  Thanks ,Craig

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2013, »
Very nice setup. Great sequencing. What controlers are you using to drive all those candycanes?  Thanks ,Craig

They are Lynx express.  They would have looked a little better, but I realized after I had everything running that I accidentally switched controllers for the candy canes and mini trees from last year.  I had programmed a light curve into the controllers last year for the mini trees since the LED's used on them didn't dim very well.  So since I switched them this year, the curve looked bad on the candy canes (that didn't need a dimming curve) and there was no curve on the mini trees so they looked bad as well.  As long as everything is full on, it is OK, but really sticks out during fades.  Thought about reprogramming the expresses with the correct curves, but just couldn't find the gumption to get out and do it.  Will try and remember this for next year. <fp.

Thanks,
-Keith

Offline craig d

« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2013, »
I wish my stuff looked that bad. Most people would never notice. I didn't untill you said something. I was afraid you would tell me $80 controller for $25 worth of lights. Sure looks good. I was asking because I bought out the red canes day after Christmas at the local Wallyworld. 
Thanks,
Craig

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2013, »
I'm not sure where the red ones came from.  Most I got from a garage sale and they are 4 canes to a string.  That's why they are grouped the way they are.   The green ones all came from WalMart so looks like you are right on track. :D

-Keith
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, by lonewolf41 »

Offline smeighan

• Patron Member
    • Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2013, »
lonewolf41
" I am toying with adding a few more strings...maybe 4 more for a total of 20 or so, but that would mean that I would need to redo this year's sequences to use them again. "

20 is what i had for my half megatree, they were flex strips. What was pretty amazing is that from the back of three tree, i could still clearly see the patterns even though the strips were attached to 1/2" metal emt and facing away from me. The clear tubing they are in reflects the light. U end up with more than 180 degrees of vieweing angle, maybe 270-300 degrees.

Also, for your nutcracker effects, just change target and it auto sizes your effects.
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline keitha43

« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2013, »
lonewolf41

20 is what i had for my half megatree, they were flex strips. What was pretty amazing is that from the back of three tree, i could still clearly see the patterns even though the strips were attached to 1/2" metal emt and facing away from me. The clear tubing they are in reflects the light. U end up with more than 180 degrees of vieweing angle, maybe 270-300 degrees.

Also, for your nutcracker effects, just change target and it auto sizes your effects.

Need pics and videos so we can see for ourselves!

Offline smeighan

• Patron Member
    • Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2013, »
lonewolf41

I took videos last night. I take my show down tommorow

I hoot to get a YouTube video of them

Need pics and videos so we can see for ourselves!
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login