Author Topic: LE not working  (Read 1744 times)

Offline Brad

• Patron Member
LE not working
« on: December 16, 2012, »
Hey everyone,

I have Ver 1 LE's with Ver 1 wireless TX/RX. In previous years everything worked fine. This year the second LE has no output.
192 Ch profile, using 149 CH's, 1 Lynx Freestyle, Lynx DMX dongle, 2 Lynx Express'
I swapped out the LE with a spare (last time I used it it worked). I had to use the same wireless RX module on the replacement because I don't have a spare. Still no output. Thinking it could be the RX, I used CAT 5 from DMX out of LE #1 to DMX in on #2, rebooted computer, still no output. I've tried it terminated and not terminated.
Any help will be appreciated.

Brad
2007- 32 Ch Grinch, >6K lights...2008- 128 Ch Freestyle, 23,000 Lights, 2009- Lynx Freestyle & Lynx Express, 26K Lights....Wife thinks I'm nuts!

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: LE not working
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, »

I would try replacing the RS-485 chip

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
LE not working
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, »
Have you tried the dmx out2 instead of the dmx out?   Tried a new cat5?
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

sjb

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, »
Also when you went wired was the remove for wireless jumper put back on. Also when you said Terminated and not terminated, you left the one wireless not terminated and then the wired one terminated? Once you wired it did you get the data light on?

Steve

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, »
Are you sure you have ver 1 of the LE?

Since it was not released to the public

LE ver 3 and up have DMX output #2

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline Brad

• Patron Member
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, »
I mistakenly said my LE's were V 1. After reading your comments, I went out and checked. The one I called "known good" is a V 3.0, no wireless jumper. I figured I'd try the original, a V 4.0 with the wireless jumper. Plugged everything back in, and surprise....it works.
Musta had some debris on the wireless module contacts, or something.

Anyhoo...thanks for the fast replies.

Brad

2007- 32 Ch Grinch, >6K lights...2008- 128 Ch Freestyle, 23,000 Lights, 2009- Lynx Freestyle & Lynx Express, 26K Lights....Wife thinks I'm nuts!

sjb

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2012, »
Glad to hear you got it running again.

Steve