Author Topic: xLights 2012d release  (Read 9876 times)

Offline mms

• Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates.
Re: xLights 2012d release
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2012, »
The new version is working great!  Thanks again!
Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Voice-over Inquiries:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline gforman

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2012, »
Working Great for me also, thanks again. :)

Glen
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"
  Thomas Edison

Offline fslopez1950

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2012, »
It's good to learn that some people are happy with 2012d version. I've tried it and and was satisfied in the first show and second show, then on the third I've noticed that some lights are not lighting on some part of the sequence but the timing is still on the dot as per sequence. Went back to 2012b until i know where the problem is. Does it have to do with the conversion? I am not sure if it is the same music when i noticed the non-lighting of some strings.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, by fslopez1950 »

Offline garyh

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2012, »
I went to 2012b to 2012c to 2012d with no problems.  With that being said, I also added E1.31 this year and that caused some issues a long the way with mapping of lights. 

So fslopex1950, you'd probably need to attach your xlights network config, or take a screenshot of it and attach it, then let us know if you which program you use for a sequencer, is xlights playing an LOR file, or did you convert it to xseq and how did you convert it (xlights, light elf, etc). 

But to answer your basic question, the only real difference I've seen is the 2012c/2012d version gives you the ability to send your end channel on each universe--2012b didn't.

Offline cody33rd

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2012, »
I am not complaining just posting my results with the new release.  I still get lag.  I am only using the lynx dongle and 6 expresses.  None of the 2012 versions have worked without lag for me.  Vixen has not given me any com port errors this year so the show is working great.  Last year vixen wouldn't work and xlights was my savior.  The only difference between this years and last years show is a new faster computer with windows 7 instead of my old laptop with xp.  Go figure.  Thank you for all you do with xlights.  I still use it as my primary tester.
Springville Utah

Offline pk

• Patron Member
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2012, »
Matt -  2012d is working great for me. I like the sequence feature and tried it briefly.  For the next release, would you consider a way to handle multiple SSC's that are in the hybrid mode?  (I use it in some sequences to treat my nodes as a dumb string).

Offline MrChristmas2000

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2012, »
I agree there needs to be some way to skip the control or dummy nodes.

Some people use strips and need to occasionally skip a node in their config.

Offline Materdaddy

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2012, »
FYI, I have the latest svn revision building in linux using Code::Blocks.

I haven't done any real extensive testing of the linux build but I did making a quick model so I could test the nutcracker-esque functionality and it seemed to work!

Offline fslopez1950

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2012, »
Thanks garyh for your reply.

Using Vixen as my sequencer, so I have to convert the sequences to xseq files since version d doesn't use vix files for the scheduler. In version b, I don't convert to xseq files. I use the xlights for conversion. In my first post I stated that everything is going smooth in the 1st and 2nd show and on the third show this problem showed up. I'm doing 5 shows per night with 5 minutes interval.

I'll try again ver. d after the season before I put down the lights and see what will happen. For the meantime will use ver. b.

And thanks to Matt for the time in doing xlights.

Offline davron12

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2012, »
I just read this thread last night and upgrade to 2012d. Fixed my lag issue. Thank you Matt! xLights is the only scheduler I got working this year with both of my pixelnet and renard networks. Without it, I wouldn't have a show running.

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2012, »
I'm confused (nothing new here) by the sequence stuff.  I have created a model of my pixel tree.  I have created 8 presets that I assume are the equivalent of a nutcracker effect.  The presets look correct on the play window.  I created a sequence in Vixen I did not put any programming into it so it is just a blank sequence although there are 8096 channels in it and it is 2:34 long.  I'm just chopping it into 20 second segments to see how this process works.  I converted to xseq and want to insert an effect (preset?) every 20 seconds into the song, but I have not figured out how to tie my effects (presets?) into the table for the sequence.  I just can't seem to get my mind around the process.  I know what I want to do, but don't know how to do it.  This is creating a sequence from nothing just to test out my learning.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline JonB256

• My website
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2012, »
Jim, I'm at the same place. I've made some layouts, created a few things, but haven't figured out how to actually put them in a sequence. But - if I were to try right now, it would seriously make the outside display go crazy. So I'll keep playing and hope it becomes clear.

Offline garyh

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2012, »
Made a video showing the sequence tab and how it functions, I've had it scroll the text across the matrix: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, by garyh »

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2012, »
I just followed your tutorial.  This is awesome!
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2012, »
That was super Gary.  Now to go see if I can make something that I can add to my show tonight. 

The next question is what is a preset?  and how do you use them.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA