Author Topic: FYI: Etherdongle will not connect when non-operational Conductor is attached  (Read 1072 times)

Offline cavu2u

I have Conductors that will not connect to the control panel - that issue is addressed in different threads.

With the failure of my Conductors, I fell back to using xLights for scheduling.

For several days, I chased "bad" cables that I could not get to connect once the plain DMX firmware was flashed onto the Etherdongle to use with xLights. My "bad" cables might connect for one performance(schedule) or a partial schedule.

One night I removed the non-operational Conductor and viola, I had a solid connection that no longer was intermittent. That was 5 days ago. I've had a rock-solid connection ever since. I suppose my assumption was that if the dongle was flashed with the DMX firmware, it would disregard errant signals from an attached daughter card.

So, be advised ... If your Conductor will not connect to the control panel, exhibits the connect/disconnect behavior addressed in other threads, remove it from your Etherdongle to use DMX reliably.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Sounds like you have a soldering problem(s) with the conductor causing errors on the etherdongle.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required