Author Topic: fatal MySQL Error  (Read 1148 times)

Offline hicksjo

fatal MySQL Error
« on: December 19, 2012, »
Get the following when trying to output a project in any format ... just started getting the error about 1:30 PM Eastern time ... successfully output several projects earlier today:

A fatal MySQL error occured.
Query: SELECT DISTINCT pd.phrase_name, pd.start_secs, pd.end_secs, ue.effect_name, p.frame_delay, p.username, p.model_name, m.member_id FROM `project_dtl` as pd ,effects_user_dtl as ue, project p, members m WHERE p.project_id=pd.project_id AND m.username=p.username AND ue.effect_name=pd.effect_name AND p.username=ue.username AND pd.project_id=287 ORDER BY pd.start_secs
Error: (1104) The SELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your WHERE and use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the SELECT is okay

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
Re: fatal MySQL Error
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, »
Got it.  I actually pushed code to fix this, this AM.  This was an oversight on my part and we had a fix for it a few days ago.  I just didn't implement it until this morning.

If you pull the latest code from Github, you will get the changes to project_filer.php if you are local install.  If you are on the nutcracker123.com site, the changes are already there.

Kurt
------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline hicksjo

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, »
I am on nutcracker123 site and getting the error right now

I was creating outputs earlier today with no issue, but the error started showing up about 1.5 hours ago

is there a chance that cookies or something else has my browser running an outdated script or something?

thanks

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I am on nutcracker123 site and getting the error right now

I was creating outputs earlier today with no issue, but the error started showing up about 1.5 hours ago

is there a chance that cookies or something else has my browser running an outdated script or something?

thanks

I was just noticing the query was the new code (that I thought fixed this.)  There is a problem with the way that mySQL is configured on nutcracker123.  I changed the query in the belief that this would not try to join two very large tables (the earlier query used a few 'outer joins' which was causing similar issues -- I assumed this new query would not do the same thing, but I was wrong.)  Let me see if I can't get that flag permanently set to join big tables.

Kurt
------

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, »
Just checked nutcracker123.

The variable that should be set wasn't so I fixed that on the server.

I noticed you did not have any projects so I went ahead and tested with your account.  I was able to regen your targets (models).  I was able to create an effect (KURTTEST).  I created a project and was able to add KURTTEST to some of the phrases.  Looks like it is working now.

Kurt
------

Offline hicksjo

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, »
Hopefully you were looking at hicksjo username when you saw no projects

I am using hicksjfh username ... Long story of me being stupid, but I do have projects on that account

Will check it out when I get back to my pic

Thanks
Josh

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, »
Yep.  I will try it with the login name hicksjfh.

Just tried.  Was able to open all of your projects without issue.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, by kgustafson »
------

Offline hicksjo

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2012, »
Yes
Works for me now
Thanks so much
Was a little anxious