Author Topic: WIND!! bummer!  (Read 1748 times)

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
Re: WIND!! bummer!
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If it makes you feel any better... My mega tree is standing strong and looks perfect except for one thing. It continues to blow my GFI so I have had it off for the last week. I can't figure out whats wrong and need to lower the lights to check it out. Which wouldn't be a big deal if the rain would stop. Why do I torture myself by living in Oregon..

After the initial shock is over, I want to apologize for my reaction. I honestly hope you get your tree going. I know how much work and time we have in these displays and to have something not working is frustrating and sucks! Good luck

Duane
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2012, »
Stay positive Duane.

You will get through it and your show will be great.

Steve

I am steve thanks. Just got done bundling up and put the coveralls on. Wind is still blowing giving us a windchill in the low teens.
Florence, KY

sjb

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2012, »
It could be worse ( I know you do not want to hear that ) but with the windchill here right now it is -30 Celcius (-22 F).

Luckily I do not have a mega tree this year, but we have 3 feet of snow now and suppose to snow all weekend. Will be digging the lawn ornaments out daily and placing them on top of the snow again.

I think the Myan's just messed up with the calendar and just created a bad weather system throughout north america. We will all get through our little problems and even if they are not all worked out. The public will still love them as it is only us that know something is not blinking the way it should.

Steve
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, by sjb »

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2012, »
I'M BACK!!!  took about 3 hours but the show is up and running. luckily half the tree was still intact.  my two foot anchors that were in the ground  pulled out! all the rain we have had lately saturated the ground so with the wind as bad as it was they pulled out. 5' anchors,  if they come out now, the tree will go to storage.! lol thanks for the kind words everyone and i hope everyone survives the winds tonight.

steve, your right, that is a heck of a lot worse!

duane
Florence, KY

Offline thestig

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2012, »
If it makes you feel any better... My mega tree is standing strong and looks perfect except for one thing. It continues to blow my GFI so I have had it off for the last week. I can't figure out whats wrong and need to lower the lights to check it out. Which wouldn't be a big deal if the rain would stop. Why do I torture myself by living in Oregon..

NO, it doesn't make me feel any better. all your hard work is still hanging there and nothing is destroyed. how is that supposed to make me feel better! 3 days i have invested in my tree and now it's in pieces on the ground. yours is still hanging and you just have an electrical issue. this is one time when some one should keep their opinion to them selves

duane

Well I didn't mean to offend you. Electrical issues can be just as frustrating, and the fact that my tree is anchored down with multiple heavy duty guy wires attached to the house and surrounding trees is the reason that all of my hard work is still standing. Having to lower my tree and untangle the wire  mess that began as I lowered it was actually more difficult than setting the tree up in the first place.

Grant

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2012, »

NO, it doesn't make me feel any better. all your hard work is still hanging there and nothing is destroyed. how is that supposed to make me feel better! 3 days i have invested in my tree and now it's in pieces on the ground. yours is still hanging and you just have an electrical issue. this is one time when some one should keep their opinion to them selves

duane

Well I didn't mean to offend you. Electrical issues can be just as frustrating, and the fact that my tree is anchored down with multiple heavy duty guy wires attached to the house and surrounding trees is the reason that all of my hard work is still standing. Having to lower my tree and untangle the wire  mess that began as I lowered it was actually more difficult than setting the tree up in the first place.

Grant

my first reaction was wrong and i have since apologized. i TRULY  do hope you get your tree figured out. i know how frustrating it can be. the ground is so wet here that it pulled my anchors out of the ground. i put some 5' rods in this time so i should be good. once again i hope things work out for you.

duane
Florence, KY

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2012, »
duane,

No true need to apologize.  We have all felt your frustration to some degree during the set up of our shows.  The 'blowing up' happens due to stress and frustration to have worked hard, planned long sessions, and then to see it not function.  Just know we are all here rooting for you and hope that your show meets with success (as I think we all KNOW it will be! *smile*) 

Kurt
------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2012, »
duane,

No true need to apologize.  We have all felt your frustration to some degree during the set up of our shows.  The 'blowing up' happens due to stress and frustration to have worked hard, planned long sessions, and then to see it not function.  Just know we are all here rooting for you and hope that your show meets with success (as I think we all KNOW it will be! *smile*) 

Kurt

thanks Kurt. i was able to get my tree back up and i have my showing running 100% again. i left work early today and spent a little over 3 hours but got it all going. it looked worse laying on the ground then it actually was.

duane
Florence, KY