Author Topic: 2012d Nutcracker Scrolling Text works on Matrix networ, but not on multi-network  (Read 1638 times)

Offline garyh

I can get the scrolling Nutcracker text working in a Matrix only network, but if I try to add the effect to my multi-network configuration nothing lights up (matrix + the whole display).

I've attached a screenshot of my xlights configuration

Offline dowdybrown

• Gleannloch Christmas
Can you explain a little more about the exact steps you are taking? Are you saving to an xLights file, or are you checking the Output to Lights box to see the effect real time?

Most of my testing on the Sequence tab has been done with an Etherdongle in a configuration similar to yours. I have also tested it with a Pixelnet dongle; so I know it will work either way.

Matt
Matt Brown
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline garyh

Well mine appears to be a bit more complicated (just ask frank).  Here's my workflow:
1. Create sequence in LSP, set DMX for Zone 1, LOR for Zone 2, E1.31 for Zone 3.
2. Use Light Elf to create xseq file which plays fine across the display (I took all the sequence out of the matrix since I was using xlights to add the Nutcracker effects).
3. Then I open the xseq file and create my simple text scrolling effect and then I save the xseq file.
4. When I put it on the show computer last night, no lights were lit and it was just the audio playing.

Hardware:
DMX USB dongle
LOR USB dongle
ECG-P12R

Maybe I should put something in the matrix channels in LSP--I don't even know if Light Elf creates a matrix output.  That's why I was asking how xlights knew to put the data into my Zone 3 E1.31 matrix, it has 3 zones to choose from.  Maybe it would be better for me to attach the xseq from Light Elf, then the sequence after xlights does the text animation (before/after)?

Note:  If I remove the DMX/LOR networks and only have the E1.31 matrix in LSP, create xseq using Light Elf, then use xlights to create the text, the matrix works fine.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, by garyh »

Offline dowdybrown

• Gleannloch Christmas
Look at the Vixen channel numbers on the first tab. These are the same channel numbers that xLights uses. So when you create your model, your first channel number should correspond to the channel number listed for the network on the first tab that corresponds to your matrix. Hope that makes sense!

Matt
Matt Brown

Offline garyh

it makes perfect sense, guess I was overthinking it.  I'll give it a whirl early tomorrow morning, thanks Matt!

Offline dowdybrown

• Gleannloch Christmas
I probably need to rename that column on the first tab to be Vixen/xLights Channel Numbers.

Matt
Matt Brown

Offline garyh

Works great Matt!