Author Topic: Loosing time  (Read 14285 times)

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
Loosing time
« on: December 21, 2012, »
I finally switched over to the conductor to run the show.  The longer it runs, the more off the music gets from the lights.  By the end of the third song, the song is like 1/2 a second behind the lights.  When it goes to start the 4th song, the lights just go crazy while the music plays.  I mean, it is not playing the sequence at all, the smart strings are just turning all through the rainbow.  I wanted to disconnect it from the computer, but that may not be possible.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
-Keith

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
Re: Loosing time
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, »
mine is doing the same thing. i will be sure to pay attention to this thread.

duane
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, »
what kind of temperatures are you guys getting while it's happening? Also, id the Conductor/EtherDongle inside or outside.

It might not have anything to do with it, but it's still a shot in the dark (or crazy illuminated dark)
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, »
got to be a conversion issue. I don't about the other beta guys but I ran a show 45 minutes long on mine in testing night after night 4 times a night and it was spot on always. Is this an issue everyone is seeing or only certain people? I need to know. I have not been able to be around much lately so I will have to catch up with everyones experiences after the new year.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, »
my conductor is located inside the house. i only tried it once, and it seems to run the first song fine but after that it was drifting. i honestly put it on the back burner due to the show running rock solid with the usb dongle. i will mess with it some more this weekend.

duane
Florence, KY

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, »
This is what daytime light show enjoyment is for.  We decorators have Christmas light day vision. :)

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, »
Mine is inside.  I didn't have it going long enough to find a definite pattern, but the longer songs were worse as it seemed to get worse the longer the song played.  It would also start over with the next song.  Each song would start out in time, but by the end, it would be way off.  It seemed like the ones that were having trouble were ones I downloaded from itunes vs. ones I ripped from a CD.  The itunes ones also had a 320kbps bitrate while the other ones were 192kbps.  Don't know if that is relevant or not but it is one difference in the music files.  Although the grinch seemed to do it as well and it is 192. 

I am leaving town tomorrow...thus the reason I was trying to get the conductor going...but I will be back Monday.  I can try some more experimentation then.  Tonight I was just trying to keep the lights going.  Most traffic I have had and the show was awful.  Finally got the etherdongle firmware loaded back on and running from Vixen again.  The other fun part of this was a program I installed yesterday on my computer killed the ability of the computer to talk to the ED.  Finally figure that out and got going again.  Frustrating night none-the-less but at least it is running. 

If you have things to try, let me know and I can try it on Monday.

Thanks,
-Keith

Offline zwiller

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2012, »
Add me the list...  Some of you may already know my sequences are very tight so I would like to think I can speak with some authority as to the music light sync.  Out of 5 sequences I tried I have one that works fine, the others lose sync.  I looked at mp3 formats and find no correlation to this issue there.  In fact the sequence that is fine is 192k.  I tried converting some mp3s with audacity and found no help there.  What is odd is I ran the conductor for about a week and had no issues whatsoever.   :o  Later I got cocky and started fooling with the control panel and added some more sequences and later developed the above issues.  Yes, I did try going back and loading only what I did before but still had problem. 

I admit I am biased toward the RTC since mine was bad and was subsequently replaced with one with the same date of manufacture.  What is odd, is in addition to the sync issue, the fm transmitter is also affected.  I also had a reoccurring flash about every 10 seconds.  Info in this thread:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I am using LSP and have the conductor inside. 

I think the conductor is a killer piece and I am confident we will get this resolved.  As of now I am running the LSP scheduler with success and I am enjoying my show have no plans to change anything. 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline TexasStingray

• Coop Manager
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2012, »
I do not have a conductor yet but am wanting to get one for next year. Everyone might want to post the number of channels they are using. Just trying to help, many the # of channels might be a contributing factor.
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline keitha43

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2012, »
Perhaps it would help RJ if people who have this problem would mention what sequencing program they use and what software the conversion to conductor format was done in to see if it is a particular software problem.

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2012, »
I am using Vixen with 6400 channels...although only about 6300 of those have data...the rest are dummy/blank channels.

-Keith

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
Loosing time
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2012, »
Not seeing it on my conductor works perfect and has for the last 4 weeks.  Mine is in my cold garage.

1500 channels by light show pro.  Songs are all 192.  6 total songs almost 20 min long for all of them.

Offline zwiller

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2012, »
I am using last 32 bit release of LSP and it's export function for conductor.  Similar to Keith, I am using 6300 channels in LSP but actual channel count probably around 6,200.  (boy did that idea save my skin!)

Some additional data if it matters to anyone, my largest sequence when exported to .seq format is 118mb [118,000kb] but is only 35mb as .msq.  For some reason I thought the file size would go down when converted to conductor format as it was a simpler?  In addition, my smallest sequence is 51mb exported to .seq but only 5mb as .msq.  That's over 10x larger... 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2012, »
i have 4096 channels but only using about 2600. i am using vixen sequencing and xlights to do the conversion.

duane
Florence, KY

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2012, »
I am using last 32 bit release of LSP and it's export function for conductor.  Similar to Keith, I am using 6300 channels in LSP but actual channel count probably around 6,200.  (boy did that idea save my skin!)

Some additional data if it matters to anyone, my largest sequence when exported to .seq format is 118mb [118,000kb] but is only 35mb as .msq.  For some reason I thought the file size would go down when converted to conductor format as it was a simpler?  In addition, my smallest sequence is 51mb exported to .seq but only 5mb as .msq.  That's over 10x larger... 

your sequencing software might export only the channels you have setup.  the conductor would need the full universe filled, i think. (i.e. you send 4 channels on a universe, but the conductor still sends all 4096?)
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!