Author Topic: Loosing time  (Read 14287 times)

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
Re: Loosing time
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2013, »
Here are two of mine that are causing problems.  Both of these end with the music way behind the lights.  I suspect you will be able to tell the sequencing even if the layouts/channel mapping are not the same.

I also noticed that my flattened sequences that worked for one of my songs was a different size than the one created by using the profile.  For the other song, files created both ways in xlights were the same size.  I think this explains why the one sequence just produced random flashes, but I'm not sure why this happened since the other files seemed to convert fine by using the profile. 

Hopefully these will attach.  I have trouble with attachments sometimes.

Thanks,
-Keith

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2013, »
Well, I can't get the attachment to upload.  I guess I will have to do it via email.  If someone wants to try, I guess PM me your email.

Thanks,
-Keith

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Well, I can't get the attachment to upload.  I guess I will have to do it via email.  If someone wants to try, I guess PM me your email.

Thanks,
-Keith

There are restrictions on file types and size. Did you try a zip file?

Allowed file types: doc, gif, jpg, mpg, pdf, png, txt, zip, hex, asm, xls, wmv, mp3, mp4, flv, dll, vix, apk, pro
Restrictions: 5 per post, maximum total size 100000KB, maximum individual size 100000KB

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2013, »

Thanks,
-Keith

PM Sent

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2013, »

Thanks,
-Keith

There are restrictions on file types and size. Did you try a zip file?

Allowed file types: doc, gif, jpg, mpg, pdf, png, txt, zip, hex, asm, xls, wmv, mp3, mp4, flv, dll, vix, apk, pro
Restrictions: 5 per post, maximum total size 100000KB, maximum individual size 100000KB

Rick R.

Yes, I zipped them.  One file was 6,138KB and the other was 7,683KB.  I could not upload together or individually.  I was under the posted limits, but I have never been able to upload a very large file.  Seems like 2MB each and 8MB total or so is all I can get uploaded.

Thanks,
-Keith

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2013, »

Thanks,
-Keith

PM Sent

Should be in your inbox.

Thanks!!
-Keith

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2013, »
Testing has begun with some interesting results from the start! First I am very embarrassed to say that my display looks much and I DO mean much better with Keith's sequences. I have done no channel mapping changes at all. Keith you can sequence for me anytime!!!!  <res.  <res.  <res.

Now to intial test. 2 songs 1 @ 192kbs constant the other @ 320kbs constant.
Test 1: Song 1 (seq name=1kg_fl_c.seq) (mp3 name=1kg)  @ 192kbs played fine, song 2 (seq name=ihm_fl_c.seq) (Mp3 name= iham) would not start
Test 2: Song 1 @ 192 play fine, song 2 run through audacity and set to 192kbs would not play
Test 3: Rename song 1 to 1 @192 and song 2 to 2 @ 192. Both songs play and play fine. Timing on first play through looked good. Show still playing will update later.

Note: I have a post that states that I was having issues playing songs that were within the specs under 8 characters . After renaming to simple numbers my issues went away.

Update: 1 hour 5 min all in time. I am starting to get some audio Glitch at the end of each song, but timing is still on.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, by rdebolt »

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2013, »
Test 4 (Day 2): Rename Song 2 @320kbs to the Number 2 , build show and run. Song 1 @ 192 played fine, song 2 @ 320 Will not run no matter what I have tried.

If I get a chance, I will run a show tonight @ 192 and do some video. Then tomorrow run a show @ 128 for a comparison. (I want to run a show for 4 hours each and see what happens over time).

Take into consideration that there are only 2 songs so they are repeating much faster than a usual show would. I would also like to test the 2 songs using different bit rates for each song to see if that has any affect.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, by rdebolt »

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2013, »
Update: Last night I came home to a dark house...No lights were on and they were scheduled to. I was too tired to mess with it last night so I tried again this morning and no matter what I have tried it will only play song 1 then stop. I have tried several things, but so far no luck. I will keep plugging away as I get time.

Offline kenjreno

• Rail City
« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2013, »
I had some issues with the shows not starting at the correct time. Ended up I needed to replace the battery. Actually have had to replace it twice.. Because of the storms we have been having here, the power bumped quite a bit, and caused issues with the conductor and playback

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2013, »
Based on Roger's feedback, I tried renaming my MP3 & sequence file to 1.MP3 & 1.seq.  I created a show called 1.sho that used those files and played it.  It made no difference in playback for either song done that way.

I did one other thing.  I timed the song and it appears that the MP3 is playing correctly as I timed it and the song played by the conductor played for the same amount of time as the MP3 played on just a computer.  This therefore leads me to believe that the conductor is actually playing the .seq file slightly fast. 

Thanks,
-Keith

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2013, »
Based on Roger's feedback, I tried renaming my MP3 & sequence file to 1.MP3 & 1.seq.  I created a show called 1.sho that used those files and played it.  It made no difference in playback for either song done that way.

I did one other thing.  I timed the song and it appears that the MP3 is playing correctly as I timed it and the song played by the conductor played for the same amount of time as the MP3 played on just a computer.  This therefore leads me to believe that the conductor is actually playing the .seq file slightly fast. 

Thanks,
-Keith

Keith, I don't know what has happened on my end. The first night I was able to play both songs as a show all night. Since then no matter what, I can play each song 1 time (no matter how long I schedule the show) and only the first song will play. After the first song the Conductor Utility says "not connected briefly" then goes back to waiting. I have run both of the songs through Audacity and set to 192 and 128kbs. Still no go. I even ran the one vix file that you gave me through xlights. I really am not understanding what is wrong. The second night I did not change a thing except the schedule time. I am going to run my show right now and make sure that it will run. I'll post results shortly.

Update: 3 small spots into my show and all is well. My show runs for 1\2 and hour exactly so we will see what happens....

Update 2 (for tonight): My show is on it's second cycle and all is well.

Keith can you send me your other vix file? I would really like to try some more. The audio glitch that I was getting in the end was very annoying. I would like to see if I can get it to repeat.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, by rdebolt »

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2013, »

Thanks,
-Keith

Have you looked at the actual time in audacity to the time it plays?

Adding a note to my above post. Renaming your files only worked the first night. When I started having issues your files names had the same result.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, by rdebolt »

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2013, »

Thanks,
-Keith

Have you looked at the actual time in audacity to the time it plays?

Adding a note to my above post. Renaming your files only worked the first night. When I started having issues your files names had the same result.

I did not do anything in Audacity.  I just used a stop watch to check it.

Thanks for your work/help,
-Keith

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2013, »
So I have narrowed it down (on my end) to being a problem with 1 king, but I don't understand it at all. I can play the MP3 with none as the .seq in a show and it will continue to play. If I play the .seq and none for the MP3 it will continue to play. If I combine them a run a show it will play 1 time through and stop. Any ideas about why?

BTW "I Had a Memory" will play in a show fine so I am going to built a show with just that 1 song and see what happens.