Author Topic: Loosing time  (Read 14289 times)

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
Re: Loosing time
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2013, »
Here is a video looking out my front window on the last song of the night after about 2 1\2 hours. No editing and No audio glitching.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, by rdebolt »

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2013, »
Video marked private
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2013, »
Video marked private

Well I can watch it!  ;)  <fp. Try again.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2013, »
well I have been loosing time on this topic hehehehehe

<fp.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2013, »
 <la.. Then give us a solution as to WHY!!!!

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2013, »
WOW, that was pretty cool.  Actually interesting seeing it run on someone else's gear.  It was plain to see that it was still in time however.  It still sounds like you are having (other) issues as well though.  The only thing that seems to work...at least on my conductor...is to run the MP3's @ 128kbps.  Did you try that?

I hate to waste more time on this issue since there seems to be a workaround by using a specific bitrate.  I was just hoping to find out what the variables were and how they affected the conductor since I had trouble using it to run my show.  I hope this was not an exercise in futility as it seems to me that there are some definite issues/concerns that the same files perform differently on different...albeit supposedly the same...hardware.  The fact that I am apparently not the only one having this issue gives me some comfort as it leads me to believe that it is not something I am doing.  Still, the fact that the same files are in time on your gear, but out of time on mine really has me puzzled.  I wished I understood more of the mechanics to be able to troubleshoot.

I would be willing to share my files with anyone that can help troubleshoot and/or fix this.

Thanks,
-Keith

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2013, »
WOW, that was pretty cool.  Actually interesting seeing it run on someone else's gear.  It was plain to see that it was still in time however.  It still sounds like you are having (other) issues as well though.  The only thing that seems to work...at least on my conductor...is to run the MP3's @ 128kbps.  Did you try that?

I hate to waste more time on this issue since there seems to be a workaround by using a specific bitrate.  I was just hoping to find out what the variables were and how they affected the conductor since I had trouble using it to run my show.  I hope this was not an exercise in futility as it seems to me that there are some definite issues/concerns that the same files perform differently on different...albeit supposedly the same...hardware.  The fact that I am apparently not the only one having this issue gives me some comfort as it leads me to believe that it is not something I am doing.  Still, the fact that the same files are in time on your gear, but out of time on mine really has me puzzled.  I wished I understood more of the mechanics to be able to troubleshoot.

I would be willing to share my files with anyone that can help troubleshoot and/or fix this.

Thanks,
-Keith

I was not joking when I said how good it looked in my show. "1 King" looks even better! One thing to remember with this is yes I did try 128, but that was after I started having issues. If you want I would like to have the vix file for 1 king and see if I can get them to both run again. I am almost wondering if there is an issue with the .seq file of that song. I was having audio issues when I ran them both for a while. That might be something for you to try as well. Just run each song seperately and see if they all stay in time or if 1 song drifts off. I also wonder if it is because they are not all the same bit rate.

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2013, »
In your inbox.

Also, I think I did forget to mention...I did run each sequence individually. In fact, that is how I have done 90% of my testing and they performed the same...lights out of sync and ahead of the music.

Thanks again,
-Keith

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2013, »
Keep trying different stuff. I am watching, this is what will help me find the issue when I get back working on the firmware. I need as much info to help me make sense of it as I can.

Seeing that it works on some hardware and not on a different one has me thinking one thing but the next attempt of stuff could show me I am wrong.

I did not have a show this year again so no personal input. I and the beta testers did not see this and in fact it was never an issue as opposed to one we thought was fixed. So it is truely only some units doing it. i have received a lot of pms of people that was thanking me saying the conductor was the only way they get their shows with high ch counts to play smooth.

I am sure it is just a tweak once we have a good idea on it.

RJ

Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2013, »
In your inbox.

Also, I think I did forget to mention...I did run each sequence individually. In fact, that is how I have done 90% of my testing and they performed the same...lights out of sync and ahead of the music.

Thanks again,
-Keith

Keith, is it off right away or over time? If over time how many cycles?

Keep trying different stuff. I am watching, this is what will help me find the issue when I get back working on the firmware. I need as much info to help me make sense of it as I can.

Seeing that it works on some hardware and not on a different one has me thinking one thing but the next attempt of stuff could show me I am wrong.

I did not have a show this year again so no personal input. I and the beta testers did not see this and in fact it was never an issue as opposed to one we thought was fixed. So it is truely only some units doing it. i have received a lot of pms of people that was thanking me saying the conductor was the only way they get their shows with high ch counts to play smooth.

I am sure it is just a tweak once we have a good idea on it.

RJ

Thanks RJ. With a couple of exceptions, one of them I have documented on DLA and the other being some intermittent flickering, my show ran flawless with the conductor!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, by rdebolt »

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2013, »
In your inbox.

Thanks again,
-Keith

Keith, is it off right away or over time? If over time how many cycles?

It is not off right away.  It starts out in sync.  By the end of the song, the lights are about 1 second ahead of the music.  It gets gradually worse the longer the song plays.  It is like it is playing the lights at 1.004 times the speed that it should.  Not much, but those 0.4% differences every second add up over the length of a song/sequence.

Sorry if I wasn't very clear about what was happening.  I'll try and video what it does tonight.

Thanks,
-Keith

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2013, »

It is not off right away.  It starts out in sync.  By the end of the song, the lights are about 1 second ahead of the music.  It gets gradually worse the longer the song plays.  It is like it is playing the lights at 1.004 times the speed that it should.  Not much, but those 0.4% differences every second add up over the length of a song/sequence.

Sorry if I wasn't very clear about what was happening.  I'll try and video what it does tonight.

Thanks,
-Keith

Ok. That is not what I was expecting. I was thinking that the longer the songs played through out the night that they would be off, not just one time through. I can tell you that even 1 King is in fact on time, 1 time through. I will video as well tonight.

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2013, »
OK, here is a video (shot from inside the house) showing what happens. 

For reference, here is the original/correct timing version.

I think the differences are pretty apparent.

Thanks,
-Keith

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2013, »
Here is my video. It is much more difficult to tell on mine, but I think that it is ok. Your mapping of your DMX channels are on 1 1\2 strings of my mega tree and some are under the snow. Let me know what you think. Once again raw unedited and the same .seq that you used.

Offline JonB256

• My website
« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2013, »
I did not use my conductor (as a conductor) this year, but I just looked at the red audio board. It has what appears to be a Crystal Oscillator chip on it. Mine says 12.288 on it for frequency. Could yours be running slower than spec? About 0.4% ??