Author Topic: What does this message mean.  (Read 719 times)

Offline MrChristmas2000

What does this message mean.
« on: December 21, 2012, »
This message appears if I select my effect 'ARCH_RED_WHT_RUN_LEFT_7PXL' and press the 'Submit Form to create your effects'

A fatal MySQL error occured.
Query: INSERT into effects_user_hdr( effect_class,username,effect_name,effect_desc,last_upd) values ('single_strand','MrChristmas2000','ARCH_RED_WHT_RUN_LEFT_7PXL','desc',now())
Error: (1062) Duplicate entry 'MrChristmas2000-ARCH_RED_WHT_RUN_LEFT_7PX-single_strand' for key 'username_effect_name'

In my chart there is no duplicates.

Is this a bug or just a database problem?

Tom

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
Re: What does this message mean.
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, »
Not really a bug per se, more like a feature to NOT allow duplicate keys working as one would expect.  However, this SQL command should probably be changed to a REPLACE into vice a INSERT into so that it doesn't behave like a new entry when you are doing an update (so in this respect, it is a bug).  When the effects page updates your entries, it does an insert command.  However, if you are updating, an entry already exists with the key for username and effectname.  Let me look into this and see if I can't get it fixed real quick.

Kurt

I cannot seem to duplicate issue locally.  Let me try it on nutcracker123.com and see if it happens there.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, by kgustafson »
------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, »
Success!  Okay.  The deal is that your effect name can ONLY be 25 characters long.  Yours is 26.  This is causing the system to choke (I know, I know we should have error checking going.  Jeez!  Will be a future feature! *grin*).  My suggestion in the short term, shorten your name!

[Ed note:  I truncated the effect name by chopping off the "L" of your effect name and saved it with no issue.]

Kurt
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, by kgustafson »
------

Offline MrChristmas2000

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, »
Thanks,

Now if you could get the revers 3d arch effect to work.

Tom

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Thanks,

Now if you could get the revers 3d arch effect to work.

Tom

Sean's department.  I can look, but I can't say I completely understand all the effects code (but I really should learn that code).
------