Author Topic: Quick Question  (Read 3907 times)

Offline monkey141

Quick Question
« on: December 21, 2012, »
Good Evening All,

I sort of brushed off the servo coop last year as at the time I had no plans of using servo's. In thinking about my plans for the 2013 show, I have several ideas for uses of servo's. I am curious of whether or not there is a chance there will be another coop in 2013 or should I look elsewhere for my servo controller needs.  :)

Merry Christmas to Everyone!

Mike
Mike
Fair Lawn, NJ

Offline JonB256

• My website
Re: Quick Question
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
is a chance there will be another coop in 2013 or should I look elsewhere for my servo controller needs.  :)

Mike

Mike, while I can only guess about another coop, I'd be pretty confident to say Yes.  I've worked with two other Servo boards and the Bobcat board has the best feature mix I've found. The control over range of motion and including LED control makes it great for Halloween or Christmas. I had an old display using servos for July 4th that had a dozen waving flags synced to the Star Spangled Banner. (not with the Bobcat, though, and it died mid operation)

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, »
I think "n1ist" is the person behind this board now.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, by Jeffl »

Offline n1ist

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, »
Early next year I'll look into another coop or at least a board run.
/mike

Offline monkey141

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, »
Sounds good. Thanks to everyone for their replies. I will wait for a Coop then.

Thanks again!
Mike
Fair Lawn, NJ

Offline mkozik1

• Monroe, GA 30655
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, »
is a chance there will be another coop in 2013 or should I look elsewhere for my servo controller needs.  :)

Mike

Mike, while I can only guess about another coop, I'd be pretty confident to say Yes.  I've worked with two other Servo boards and the Bobcat board has the best feature mix I've found. The control over range of motion and including LED control makes it great for Halloween or Christmas. I had an old display using servos for July 4th that had a dozen waving flags synced to the Star Spangled Banner. (not with the Bobcat, though, and it died mid operation)

Jon,

What software are you using?  I have used VSA with the SSC32 in the past. I bought the Bobcat and did some small stuff with Vixen but it seemed to take a good while.

- Mark
- Mark

Offline maffeirw

• Patron Member
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2012, »
Jon,
What software are you using?  I have used VSA with the SSC32 in the past. I bought the Bobcat and did some small stuff with Vixen but it seemed to take a good while.
- Mark

If your going to use Vixen for skull or any servo controlled animation give Chris's 3D Object Suite a try.  I switched from his earlier Skull Sequencer Software and they both work great for me.  You can use a mouse or joystick to move the jaw and all axes (plural of axis).  I found some externally available drivers that allow me to hook up the joystick from my PS3 and manipulate multiple directions at once (unfortunately I don't have Top Gun eye-hand coordination so I usually do 1 direction at a time)  :)

You can find it in this DIYC thread:
Luceat lux vestra

Offline JonB256

• My website
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2012, »
I used LOR S3 to control the Servo board. I was using the very inexpensive Futaba servos. Analog.

Offline Roterhead

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2013, »
Early next year I'll look into another coop or at least a board run.
/mike

Is there any chance another set of boards or coop will take place? Or does anyone know of another solution?