Author Topic: Size of Graphic versus Size of Matrix  (Read 1024 times)

Offline JonB256

• My website
Size of Graphic versus Size of Matrix
« on: December 23, 2012, »
The only way I could get a Graphic (jpg) to display completely inside the window was to change its resolution to the same pixel size.

For example, I had a Vertical Matrix of 24 by 40.  Until I resized my graphic, using IrfanView it was pretty easy, down to 24 by 40, it never fit inside the display window.

While that makes sense, I'm wondering if there is or will be an auto resize feature?

Offline garyh

Re: Size of Graphic versus Size of Matrix
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, »
Nutcracker resizes, xlights doesn't.  What I do is resize the image to the height of my matrix, 35 pixels.  That way it's a direct 1 to 1.

Offline dowdybrown

• Gleannloch Christmas
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, »
I decided it was best if I left the editing/scaling to you. Yes, if your picture is moving left or right you would want it scaled to the matrix height. However, if it is moving top to bottom, you would want it scaled to the width. Plus, in the images I tested, toning down the brightness improved display on the actual matrix - something you will want to do manually, not have xLights do automatically.

Matt

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

Matt Brown
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline JonB256

• My website
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, »
This will be GREAT for Halloween and Christmas next year. I may have to rethink my planned resolution. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2