Author Topic: I finally got Aethers programmed  (Read 1349 times)

Offline smeighan

• Patron Member
    • Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
I finally got Aethers programmed
« on: December 26, 2012, »
I have 3 aethers. I have tried many times to get the starting channel set. I would wait for the RED light to turn off , then turn program switch off. I would always get the white pop, but the starting channel was apparently 0 since my channel 1 was blue, 2 was green and 3 was white.

Instead of waiting until the red light went off to turn off the program switch, i turned it off in the middle of the red cycle. Worked first try on two of the units and took two tries on the third.  For me the secret to setting the address was to turn it off while the RED light was on.

2 units worked perfectly, one unit had green on all the time. Looked and found a solder bridge. Now all 3 are going into my show tonight. They will be sequenced as part of single strands. I have to do mapping since they are RGBW and single strands expacts RGB.

Hopefully also getting two lynx expresses out tonight.

My final show will be

12,128 channels on two active and one passive 16 port hubs.

4000 pixels (2400 of them flex strip on the megatree)
3 aethers
32 channels of Lynx express

thanks
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline caretaker

Re: I finally got Aethers programmed
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, »
Yes, it was a little pain for me to set the start channels on my Aether II's but once you get it the color and brightness from them is off the chart. Congrats on getting the rest of your show up and as always thanks for Nutcracker.
Jeff Squires
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login