Author Topic: Show start button?  (Read 796 times)

Offline galgon

Show start button?
« on: December 27, 2012, »
Has anyone thought about or possibly attempted a start button for their show?  I have no idea if/how this would work with our current equipment but I invision having a more tame sequence playing - just some slow fades or maybe just all lights on - and having the music just being a looped voice over saying to push the big red button to start the show.  This would be the standby mode.  When the red button is pushed the show starts and runs once and then goes back to standby.

This way the show would only run when there was someone there to watch which could earn some points with the neighbors. Also you would then be able to have people see the show from the beginning rather than just roll up in the middle of a song.

Is anyone doing something like this?  If so how?
- Joe
Bethlehem, PA

sjb

Re: Show start button?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, »
Could you not set this up with the trigger board for the etherdongle?

Steve

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, »
Sounds like an app for the trigger part of conductor.  I seem to recall some folks have found ways to do this using vixen as well, but I have not investigated it since I'm not thinking of doing anything like this along those lines.  This website

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

has an option to request a song by pulling up their website from a smartphone.  I do not know how he does it.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline MrChristmas2000

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, »
I think that is a feature of Light Show Pro via the Juke Box function.

Offline galgon

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, »
On a side note - he has 80 freaking songs?!?   That is an insane amount of work.
- Joe
Bethlehem, PA

Offline galgon

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2012, »
Well it looks like RJ already solved this problem for me. I did some searching on the conductor trigger and that is pretty much what I am looking for.  Looks like you connect a button to the of the numbered trigger points and also to the ground and it will trigger the conductor to start that sequence.
- Joe
Bethlehem, PA

Offline denverstone

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2012, »
I was doing some searching on adapting a Keyboard to vixen so I could play multiple channels on the keys and I came across a thread where a guy was looking into putting like a Wii keyboard by the street and each key would represent a sequence.....I guess the idea is for walk up traffic people could select the songs/sequence they wanted to hear by pressing a key.  I don't remember where I found thread but I thought it was a pretty neat idea.

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
Show start button?
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2012, »
I think it may add confusion to whether the show is running or not.   Sadly, even the most simple things are confused by the masses.   Just my opinion.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login