Author Topic: Dumb String Arches  (Read 838 times)

Offline mitch09

Dumb String Arches
« on: December 29, 2012, »
Has anyone made arches from dumb strings? I am thinking of replacing my Incan white arches. I really like the look of my arches (7 channels , sleeve method) I was thinking instead of making Smart node arches I might wrap my sleeves with dumb strings.

Any thoughts?
Ryan

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
Re: Dumb String Arches
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, »
My smart string project (2012) involved dumb strip sections inside of thinwall pvc.

they turned out well, and my wife lifed the look better compared to last years white incan wrapped arches.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline mitch09

Dumb String Arches
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, »
I have followed your project as well Chris. It just seemed like more work than what I wanted to take on. Would it be possible to do something similar to your arches with some smart string nodes and the software "grouping"  feature?

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
Re: Dumb String Arches
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, »
once i take everything down, i was planning on trying to see what i can reuse from my smart string nodes that are out there now.

one of the things i want to try, is how many smart string nodes will fit normally in 10ft of thinwall pvc, and does it light up well.

an easy thing also you can do is the flex strips in grouping mode.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline dpitts

• Restrictive
Re: Re: Dumb String Arches
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Has anyone made arches from dumb strings? I am thinking of replacing my Incan white arches. I really like the look of my arches (7 channels , sleeve method) I was thinking instead of making Smart node arches I might wrap my sleeves with dumb strings.

Any thoughts?
Ryan
I was going to do same exact thing this year. I even bought 32 dumb strips. In the end I went with smart strip arches and used 15 of the dumb strips for Marty fan portion of the arches. I them gave neighbor 9 strips to outline some of his house. I have 8 left. Wrapping them will really be bright. But smart strip also looks good.