Author Topic: 2012 vids  (Read 8339 times)

Offline zwiller

2012 vids
« on: January 02, 2013, »
Kudos to RJ for the gear and everyone that helped me out (especially this past year with the SS gear).   <res.

Here are some of my vids for 2012:

[REMOVED OLD LINK] You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  (REVISED)

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Hope you like them as I froze my tail off filming them...   ;D 
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, by zwiller »
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

sjb

Re: 2012 vids
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, »
Great job. Still love the illuminaries.

Steve

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, »
Great job on the sequencing, I need to take some pointers from you!  <res.

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, »
NICE!!  I really like the effects on "Christmas Time is Here".  Did you use nutcracker or LSP for those?  Color fades are great as well.  Very simple, but effective.

I had heard the music from your first one, but did not know what it was called.  Might have to do that one next year.  Love songs with a good beat and strings.  Would love to see your sequence if you don't mind sharing.  If not, I totally understand.  Again, nice job!

Thanks,
-Keith

Offline ThaiWay

• Patron Member
  • 1500 C9's are not [i]green[/i]!
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, »
Classy stuff there Sam!  You're giving me more good inspiration for this next Christmas.  Thanks for sharing.

John
Chok Dee! (Thai "good luck" greeting)
John

Unofficial 220V 50Hz Beta Tester

Offline UncleBuck

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, »
Very nice!!

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, »
Great job Sam. How does the new member like it?  ;) Congrats for a great show and a tax deduction to boot!  ;D

Offline zwiller

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2013, »
Thanks for the kind words.  I really wish the camera work was better.  Man I need to make it a point to watch my show more often.  I see so many things I didn't notice when playing it from the sequencer.   :o

Not sure if you can tell but the zwilluminaries ;D now have lids.  I find this helps diffuse the leds much better since they are mounted horizontally.  The lids were a marked improvement to me.  4 led square modules on 3' centers mounted on a 2x4x12 ripped in half.  It worked out well and keeps them nice and straight, simple to set up too.

Everything was done on LSP.  First year with it.  I really like it.  The effects are transitions and truthfully they did not render well at all from what I sequenced.  I can post the beat track of Palladio if interested.  Also reminds me to post the vixen stuff of my prior years...

Thanks John.  Long time no talk.  There is a certain level of quality I am trying to keep but I didn't think anyone really noticed.

The little one is doing well and more alert each day.  She sure is fond of our Christmas tree... 

Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline jem5136

• Lights of the Night
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2013, »
Awesome show!!  <pop..  I really like the RGB around the windows, I might be doing something similar this year.

Awesome show with awesome sequencing!!!
2011 Plans:
   - Second year for dimmable animation
   - 184 Channels of Blinky Flashy :D
   - 8 RGB Flood Lights
It's gonna be fun!! :D

Offline sebjsan

• Sebastian from California
2012 vids
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2013, »
Great job Sam!
What did you use for the spot lights.?
Sebastian from California

Offline caretaker

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2013, »
Sam that was a real nice job of sequencing! I like the setup you have very clean and neat but still a lot of color and action.
Jeff Squires

sjb

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2013, »
Sam, I had to go back and watch these again when I got home. Very tight sequencing. It is amazing.

Since I am still on the fence to go RGB for next year (mainly due to cost, but maybe just start small), can I ask were those RGB nodes or flexstrips? How did you put them up?
Would you happen to have any daytime close up photo's of them (i.e. the ones on your pillars) as I am amazed at how they look like one continuous line and not bulbs spaced apart, if you are willing to share your knowledge.

Thanks

Steve
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, by sjb »

Offline cavu2u

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2013, »
What did you use for the posts on either side of the porch?

It almost looks like the plastic rectangles from Ray Wu, since it appears to have about 3 RGBs side-by-side (horizontally).

Something like:

[ @  @  @ ]

[ @  @  @ ]

[ @  @  @ ]

Offline bcstuff

• Cape Coral, FL 33991
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2013, »
Awesome Sam,

Hey do I have to pay royalties if I modify slightly you zwilluminaries design?

-Brian
-------------
2017 - Complete makeover, let's just say it's gonna be a few pixels.

2016 - Grad School Stinks :(
2015 - 16' Megatree, 8' MidiTrees, 8' MegaWreath, 6' Snowflake Spinners, Zwilluminariesâ„¢

Our Display Videos: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2013, »
Sam great stuff, thank you for freezing your tail off.  My lights are off and I still have not made a video not that I would want to share it.

You should think about sharing your sequences.  You could be the new Holdman.  I love the use of transistions in Christmas Time.  Probably the best example of their use I understood to date.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA